Cigar related artwork

Guest rob

While I cracked open a great bottle of wine tonight, it occurred to me how prevalent cigar related artwork once was... and how sad it is that there is less and less of it around as every year goes by.

I'd appreciate if you guys would share your photos. A thread like this could serve as a central point for some great artwork.

post-2995-13672197677571.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, I meant any artwork that included a cigar. I remember days where I'd see cigars used in all sorts of artwork - even in the ads in comic books!!

This is a painting by Eduard von Grützner- it is part of the Milwaukee Art Museum Collection. titled "Monk Smoking Cigar" looks like a small demi tasse sized smoke, or maybe just a large Monk

post-6194-0-89680200-1367257156_thumb.jp

This is my rare "El Pricipe de Gales" Chromolith. Beautiful vibrant colors all throughout pic. Circa 1800's.

While I cracked open a great bottle of wine tonight, it occurred to me how prevalent cigar related artwork once was... and how sad it is that there is less and less of it around as every year goes by.

I'd appreciate if you guys would share your photos. A thread like this could serve as a central point for some great artwork.

Great thread; rob............I posted my fav. pic.photog.gif

This is a painting by Eduard von Grützner- it is part of the Milwaukee Art Museum Collection. titled "Monk Smoking Cigar" looks like a small demi tasse sized smoke, or maybe just a large Monk

post-6194-0-89680200-1367257156_thumb.jp

I actually lol'd when I read that.

We brought home a spectacular Otto Dix book from Europe. He is one of Matthew's favorite artists.

When I was in Belgium I had such a great time at the Magritte Museum. I brought the FOH guys postcards of the painting of the fish smoking a cigar but I cannot seem to find it anywhwere.

But I did find this:

post-8371-0-89578300-1367271428_thumb.jp

We brought home a spectacular Otto Dix book from Europe. He is one of Matthew's favorite artists.

When I was in Belgium I had such a great time at the Magritte Museum. I brought the FOH guys postcards of the painting of the fish smoking a cigar but I cannot seem to find it anywhwere.

But I did find this:

If Matthew is around from 22.11.2013 to 23.03.2014 he can see Otto Dix/Max Beckmann in Mannheim with Myth World.