Cigar related artwork

Guest rob

I picked up this piece by the late Steve Kaufman a few months ago. He did a whole series of these pop-art cuban cigar pieces.

25tbvcl.jpg

NICE...............2thumbs.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up this piece by the late Steve Kaufman a few months ago. He did a whole series of these pop-art cuban cigar pieces.

Great pick up, PP!

I was waiting for you to chime in SB... Your stuff has always been on my radar! I've missed it recently - like I said, there's less and less every day.

Beautiful work Stalebread! You can post the pictures using "more reply options" and we can see it up close.

That drawing by Ralph Steadman was great. He was incredible.not sure if you were being a wiseass Shlomo, but you asked for it. This is one of the little paintings donated to last year's Montreal Herf for the FOH charity.

post-8371-0-86466300-1367323667_thumb.jp

I was waiting for you to chime in SB... Your stuff has always been on my radar! I've missed it recently - like I said, there's less and less every day.

Thanks a lot. I haven't done any cigar art for quite some time. For a while that was all I did, now I work with other imagery, textures and colors. Funny though, I'm still drawn to those rich reddish browns of a great looking wrapper. After looking at my gallery there on deviantArt, someone told me it made her want to eat chocolate and drink coffee -- but not smoke a cigar.

I don't mean to sound obtuse or to specifically showcase someone's art for sale, but this is an American smoker/artist who trades in cigar art. He's just the only guy I know (I know some US guys who know of him will get a chuckle). Below is the link; some of these prints are huge, I remember he put the Monte head one next to his kid, the painting was bigger than her.

http://mikeuhren.com/product-category/acrylic/

Not sure these qualify but some of mine are here: http://crussol12.dev...paign=printstab

There are three or four others on page two of the main gallery.

Great Stuff Stalebread..........thumbsup.gif

Tramp Art is also a wanderer's art form: so again, there are no written records of the carvers' work. The stories of this art form became the facts; the misconceptions became the truths. There were no rules for constructing the pieces; materials were whatever the carver had available; decorations were whatever he could produce or find. Within the context of his own imagination, experience, and abilities, the carver assimilated what he saw with what he had to work with. He then translated and created what he saw into works of art by using his pocketknife and the ever-present cigar box.

Anna Held Tramp Art Box

Tramp Art is also a wanderer's art form: so again, there are no written records of the carvers' work. The stories of this art form became the facts; the misconceptions became the truths. There were no rules for constructing the pieces; materials were whatever the carver had available; decorations were whatever he could produce or find. Within the context of his own imagination, experience, and abilities, the carver assimilated what he saw with what he had to work with. He then translated and created what he saw into works of art by using his pocketknife and the ever-present cigar box.

Wow. Love all 3! Thanks for showing these!