Nespresso

jazzmonkey

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I purchased one and got rid of it 3 months later... I just did not enjoy it at all.... I invested in a Jura espresso machine to replace it, and I could not be any happier!

We have one here and we love it, so does everyone else who comes over. A priest (who studied in Rome and has an espresso machine that costs 1k+) came over and tried it and ended up buying a nespresso

I'm a dedicated Kazaar man myself, but when enjoying an espresso with a cigar (rare for me) I can't go past the light fruitiness of the Volluto. Perfect taste match with milder cigars, and light enoug

Are the Dharken and Kazar flavored or just pure dark coffee love? They are not on the order Club site, but now three flavored ones are. That is new.

Sounds like Spinal Tap. Turn the amp up to 11 LOL

https://www.nespress...en/pages/coffee

Pure dark coffee love. :) Not flavoured. I'm 50/50 on their flavoured stuff.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been wanting to get a Nespresso machine for a while now. I have finally drilled the list of machines down to U&Milk.. I am not a big espresso fan (change if pace thing for me) but I drink 2 cups of lattes usually during my day. Any thoughts on the U&Milk would be helpful :)

Be prepared to replace the Aeroccino after about 12 months. Not too sure if they have fixed all the thermostat problems, but the older Aeroccinos would burn out after only a year's use. They'd start up, but cut off before the full cycle. I've gone through about 4 of them over the years before I bought an automatic machine.

Anybody have any opinions or reviews on Nespresso U?

Anybody have any opinions or reviews on Nespresso U?

I bought one for my mother and she loves it. She can make the three sizes, where as I only have two on my Citiz. Only thing is a month after she got it, the machine broke down. Nespresso sent a replacement and it's been almost a year and it's working perfectly. Since it's the same 19 bar pressure there's no difference for taste.

Hope it helps.

I bought one for my mother and she loves it. She can make the three sizes, where as I only have two on my Citiz. Only thing is a month after she got it, the machine broke down. Nespresso sent a replacement and it's been almost a year and it's working perfectly. Since it's the same 19 bar pressure there's no difference for taste.

Hope it helps.

I've heard negative reviews regarding the temperature of the U, do you know anything about that?

I've heard negative reviews regarding the temperature of the U, do you know anything about that?

No haven't heard anything. I drink between 5-8 capsules in mine everyday, so I'm used to it and I didn't notice a difference when I have one on the U. Seems to be the exact same thing to me.

Well gang, I bought a Nespresso machine tonight, It should be coming in soon. I don't know anything about the capsules so here we go:

What are the MUST HAVE capsules?

What are some of your favorites?

What are the STAY AWAY capsules?

What are the reviews on the flavored one?

What's the deal with the special edition capsules?

Where is the cheapest place to buy capsules?

Thanks

IMO, must have capsules:

Kazar

Indriya

Roma

Arpeggio

Vivalto

Stay away from:

Any of the decaf range

Finezzo

Have only had a few of the flavoured range, haven't enjoyed many. Special editions are just like LEs and REs, they are only sold for a short time (6 mths) then they are gone. They only special edition to come back into regular production is Kazaar. For Nespresso capsules, Nespresso is the cheapest seller. Compatible pods can be cheaper.

I stay away from anything under 9 intensity. Arpeggio is the only one I buy that's lower than 10. But it's good for a cappuccino. I put 3 capsules of Argeggio or Ristretto for my cappuccinos and they're perfect.

Favourites:

Ristretto

Arpeggio

Indrya

Dharkan

Kaazar

I wish they would bring back Napoli and Trieste two limited editions, but they never bring anything back. Those two were great.

Flavoured, never liked them. I did buy some just check them out. Not as bad as others, decent in an iced coffee. But wouldn't order them again.

Special editions are either great, like the Napoli or meh like what's coming up its suppose to be another flavoured capsule.

I don't know if there's a cheaper place, but directly from the Nespresso site is easy, fast you get your order in a couple of days and now it's also free shipping (at least in Canada) when you order more than 200 capsules.

thanks