chainsaw recommendations

a little off topic but can anyone here recommend a reliable chainsaw. I have a property surronded by maple and pine tree, all of which are between 18" to 2' feet wide and 60-70 feet tall. Many of them are 50 - 60 years old and are starting to fall and crack, while cutting everything up with an axe and woodsaw is great to stay in shape, it really takes a little too much time.

I was told Stihl and Husqvarna are good, but I need to know from someone's first hand experience if there are other chainsaws that are just as effective. I was also told a 14'' saw was long enough for the trees that I have but I was going more towards a 16" saw.

Thanks guys !!!

I run power saws for a living, and my personal favorite is a Stihl.

Huqvarna of old were very good saws, but since they were bought out by a larger tool company, they have changed for the worse IMO.

If you want something that will start when you need, and doesn't mind resting for longer periods, go with a Stihl.

Just use fresh gasoline and use the factory oil mix, and you'll be happily ever after.

I'm a big fan of Stihl. I would recommend getting a 16" bar, that extra 2" goes a long way when cutting a tree with some size. It's also a nice reference for when you are cutting 16" firewood.

I think I have thee 210 with a 16 inch bar. Its been great... Except the first time I tried starting it. Did it wrong flooded it out.lol. But never again after that. Just have to listen for the sputter when its on full choke. After you hear that flip to half choke and she fires right up every time. Get yourself an extra chain as well. Always nice to have a spare on hand.

Its cut some big trees. But mostly 12-18 inch diameter pines.

I think I have thee 210 with a 16 inch bar. Its been great... Except the first time I tried starting it. Did it wrong flooded it out.lol. But never again after that. Just have to listen for the sputter when its on full choke. After you hear that flip to half choke and she fires right up every time. Get yourself an extra chain as well. Always nice to have a spare on hand.

Its cut some big trees. But mostly 12-18 inch diameter pines.

thanks a lot for the info Socapots. The 210 model seems to meet my needs.

Thanks again Amigo !!

Stihl

Stihl we have three of them. Two of them are from the 80s and they work as good as new I believe the new model of the ones we have is the ms 260 you can get a 16 or 18inch bar for it the 16 is the best all around size. Gets the job done and isn't too heavy to use all day

I have a husqvana from the early to mid 90s and a newer stihl, both work great. have a 36" bar for the husky, in addition to the normal ones, the husky seems to get more use for some reason, but no complaints with either

Take care of them, dont leave them sit in the garage for 2 years and expect them to work

when that storm blows thru and you need to get a tree off your truck.

A little care and they will last for many years.

A Poulan 245a. If it's good enough for Leatherface, it's good enough for me.

Stihl all the way. I have used others but finally switched to Stihl many years ago and been there since. I have 2 saws and one trimmer no problem. One of the Stihl saws is over 20 years old. Maintain and store them properly you will have no issues...