What's in your bag?

I'm looking into getting new golf clubs and many websites show us what's in the pros' golf bag - what type of drivers, irons, head covers, wedges, etc.

Show us what's in your bag?

Or share in words.

I'm shopping for some irons and was going to ask for some input from y'all but this seems more fun.

I'm looking to get titleist CBs. Should I?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cobra amp cell pros in the cards?

I like how you think . Those irons really do call to me, A little bit of forgiveness in the long irons and then muscle back in the short irons. I think it will be after this season before I buy (I ge

Thanks the putter is fantastic. But I am extremely drawn to 8802 style and am looking for something affordable to switch it up a bit.

Driver: Ben Hogan Big Ben C-S3 10.5o loft

Hybrid: Ping G10 21o loft

Woods: Powerbilt Grand Slam 3 & 5

Irons: Powerbilt Grand Slam with graphite shafts 4 - 9

Wedge: Powerbilt Grand Slam PW & SW, Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.14

Putter: Taylor Made Rossa Daytona 1

Bag: Eagles & Birdies

What clubs have you tried out and what level of skill are you at?

Driver - Ping G15 10.5 loft

Woods - 3 & 5 Taylor Made

Fairway Wood - Adams 18 degree

Irons - G15 iron shafts

Sand Wedge - Taylor Made R7

Putter - no name ( legally blind guy beat me & gave me his putter)

Bag - Univ of Texas

Shoes - Footjoy Contour

null_zps005d162a.jpg

Driver - Taylormade RBZ 10.5°

Woods - Taylormade R11s 3 and 5

Irons - Taylormade RBZ 4-PW

Wedges - Taylormade ATV 52°-54°-60°

Putter - Scotty Cameron SS Newport 2.0

Ball - Pro v1.

Shoes - Adidas Tour 360.

I like my TMAG stuff, and it helps when you get heavy discounts from friends who work/play for them :)

Just bought a new set of Adams forged CB2 black irons 4- GW, got to be a club long than what I was playing( then again with the way everthing nowadays is delofted it is understandable)

Titlelist 910 D3 9.5* Diamana Ahina 72 S, smaller head ,eassier to work the ball

Taylormade Burner 3wood

Toski 5 wood

Cleveland 60*, 52*

Odyssey white hot blade putter

My current bag:

CZ shadow custom target, 9mm, VZ grips

JP-15 .223/556, silent buffer, lmos, 18" ss barrel, thermal dis, red dot

Remington Versamax tactical, single piece extended tube, lifter welded, bolt fluted, port opened

Oh yeah, golf bag semi retired. Gun bag not so much.

Taylormade Burner TP driver

Tour Exotics 3 wood

Mizuno MP 60 irons with KBS Tour shafts(these shafts are money)

Cleveland 588 wedges - 52, 56, 60 with a custom grind by Nomad Golf

Scotty Cameron Newport putter

Driver - Ping G20

Woods -3 wood Ping G25

Hybrids: Taylormade Burner Rescue 3, 4, 5:

Irons - Mix of Ping Anser and Ping K15 6 - UW

Wedges - Titlelist Volkey 54, 58

Putter - Scotty Cameron Sonoma

Ball - Bridgestone 330 RX

Will be upgrading my hybrids to the Ping G25's and convert the rest of my irons to the Ping anser's in th enext couple of weeks.

My trusty Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5 loft

Taylormade Burner TP 14.5 degree 3 Wood

Taylormade 21 degree rescue

Taylormade Tour Preferred blades with KBS Tour S Flex and white Golf Pride Tour Wrap grips PW-4 (sexy irons, cuts through turf like butter)

60 degree Vokey wedge

52 degree Taylormade Z

Ping Redwood Anser putter

I haven't played in a few months, left my bag back home in Maui!

Nike Dymo 9.5 driver

Titlleist 904f 15 degree

Taylormade TP 17 degree hybrid

KZG Evolution 4-PW custom fitted

Vokey Spin Milled 52,60

Callaway 56

1997 Scotty Cameron CLN Prototype

Driver Cleveland , Mizuno 3 iron hybrid, Cleveland CG7 4-pw, 50 Mizuno, 53 Nike, 56 Titleist Vokey, Putter Scotty Cameron future phantom . Xikar wind proof lighter and only NC while playing , usually EP Carillo core line :)

Titleist 913 8.5 D3 Driver with Graphite Design AD BB 7x shaft

TM RBZ 14.5 Fwy with Matrix Ozik RUL 70 x- stiff

Titleist 910 Hybrid 17 degrees Diamana Whiteboard x stiff

Titleist AP2 Irons, 3-PW with DG S400 shafts

Vokey Wedges 54 & 58

Scotty Cameron Newport Putter

The Titleist CBs are great looking clubs but not as good looking as the MBs. However, if you want a little more forgiveness go the CBs. Alternatively, consider the AP2s.....lots of tour pros play them and I sell a lot of them in the shop. They are a great forged dual cavity back club with decent forgiveness and plenty of workability . However, considering Titleist bring out their new irons towards the later part of this year, if I were you I might wait and see what their new offerings will be.

Driver- Adams 10.5

3 Wood- Callaway

Irons- 2-pw Ping i3's

Putter- Scotty Cameron Bulls Eye

Driver: Ben Hogan Big Ben C-S3 10.5o loft

Hybrid: Ping G10 21o loft

Woods: Powerbilt Grand Slam 3 & 5

Irons: Powerbilt Grand Slam with graphite shafts 4 - 9

Wedge: Powerbilt Grand Slam PW & SW, Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.14

Putter: Taylor Made Rossa Daytona 1

Bag: Eagles & Birdies

What clubs have you tried out and what level of skill are you at?

my first set was a beginners set 20 yrs ago.

second set was a hand me down. something like:

post-8936-0-66999700-1368400406_thumb.jp

my third set which I have been using for the last 10 years I reckon:

post-8936-0-17814200-1368400505_thumb.jp

what skill level? right now I suck... I used to play weekly 10 years ago and with a handicap of about 15. right now I am more like 35 (can handicaps go so high?) over the last 10 years I averaged 1 course a year and 2 trips to the range a year. that is all changing and I am hoping to invest in a long set of clubs and get back into it....

Titleist 913 8.5 D3 Driver with Graphite Design AD BB 7x shaft

TM RBZ 14.5 Fwy with Matrix Ozik RUL 70 x- stiff

Titleist 910 Hybrid 17 degrees Diamana Whiteboard x stiff

Titleist AP2 Irons, 3-PW with DG S400 shafts

Vokey Wedges 54 & 58

Scotty Cameron Newport Putter

The Titleist CBs are great looking clubs but not as good looking as the MBs. However, if you want a little more forgiveness go the CBs. Alternatively, consider the AP2s.....lots of tour pros play them and I sell a lot of them in the shop. They are a great forged dual cavity back club with decent forgiveness and plenty of workability . However, considering Titleist bring out their new irons towards the later part of this year, if I were you I might wait and see what their new offerings will be.

soo true... MB look awesome... but I think I need a little more forgiveness. I was hoping the CBs would give more feedback versus the AP2 (which I havn't tried yet, only tried the AP1). maybe I should try AP2 first. what other brands should I consider? are taylormade CBs good also?

any material differences?

soo true... MB look awesome... but I think I need a little more forgiveness. I was hoping the CBs would give more feedback versus the AP2 (which I havn't tried yet, only tried the AP1). maybe I should try AP2 first. what other brands should I consider? are taylormade CBs good also?

any material differences?

To be honest, after reading your earlier comment that you currently 'suck' ( your words, not mine lol) I'd stay clear of the CBs. Whilst they are more forgiving than the MBs they are still quite 'blade like'. Like I said, consider the AP2s or something like the TM Rocketbladez. However, best thing to do is get yourself to a Demo day and try out a whole range of clubs. Get a fitting done (usually free if you buy some clubs) and get custom built clubs (lie angles, shaft length/flex etc -no extra charge unless you get fit for some exotic shafts).

To be honest, after reading your earlier comment that you currently 'suck' ( your words, not mine lol) I'd stay clear of the CBs. Whilst they are more forgiving than the MBs they are still quite 'blade like'. Like I said, consider the AP2s or something like the TM Rocketbladez. However, best thing to do is get yourself to a Demo day and try out a whole range of clubs. Get a fitting done (usually free if you buy some clubs) and get custom built clubs (lie angles, shaft length/flex etc -no extra charge unless you get fit for some exotic shafts).

definitely consider that... in Hong Kong - NOTHING is free lol

may need to do it in US then..

thanks

3-PW, Mizuno MP59 W/ KBS tour stiff shafts

54 & 60 degree wedges, Titleist Vokey spin milled

Driver, Titleist 913 10.5 W/ Diamana + White S shaft

3 & 5 Woods, Callaway Razr Fit

Putter, Ping Anser 4

My best advice in buying any new club is to try as many as you can and decide what feels good to you. Don't buy something because someone else likes it. Demo days are a great way to try a lot of clubs. GET FITTED...there is a reason the pros do it and you should too. If you are going to drop the coin for new clubs use technology to your advantage. I highly recommend finding a trackman fitting place in your area. I got fitted for my new Titleist driver with an outdoor Trackman system and I picked up 30 yards with my driver. The driver I was using was about 6 years old and my numbers (launch angle, spin rate, club loft) were not even close to what they should have been. My last driver was bought off the shelf and I thought I got what was right for me...boy was I wrong.

It can be a tough decision but there are so many good choices out there. All the main players make good clubs. Best of luck!

Driver: R11

Wood: Cleveland hibore 3 wood

Hybrid: Nike Slingshot

Irons: Callaway X22

Wedges: Cleveland CG15 52, 56, 60

Putter: Oddessey black series no 7

I'd recommend any Taylor made driver or woods they are fantastic.

Cleveland wedges are a must.

Irons that's really up in the air Id go an test a bunch of different ones out. I have heard the Taylormade RBZ irons are pretty good

Driver - Taylormade R11

3 Wood & Hybrid - Taylormade Burner models

Irons - Mizuno JPX 800 5-PW (fitted)

Wedges - Sand and Gap are Mizuno JPX and lob wedge is Mizuno MP R12

Putter - Never Compromise X- Ray

all using the Titleist Pro Vs.

I agree with the advice about getting fitted. Golf is hard enough already, so might as well use every bit of help you can in order to gain some kind of (mental) advantage. After all, the difference between a blinding shot and one where you want to damage something beyond repair is usually only a matter of degrees!!

When I got fitted I had my heart set on a 'forged' set of irons....after analysis the Pro (now a mate) recommended the 'game improvement' version. His take on it was that he was recommending the clubs that would allow me to play the best golf and take advantage of the technology to shoot lower scores. He also said that I could buy the 'forged' ones but he would not sell them to me!

Their are a shed load of 'players' clubs languishing in sheds gathering dust because of over inflated expectations......

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.5°

3w Titleist 910 15°

Hybrid Titleist 910 19°

Fairway bridge Wilson Staff

Taylormade RAC 4-PW

Vokey 56°

Cleveland 60°

Odyssey white hot putter

Not buying any new clubs anymore until I shave off another 5 hcp points. At that point I'll buy a full new fitted set, but until then my current set will have to do the job.