What's in your bag?

I'm looking into getting new golf clubs and many websites show us what's in the pros' golf bag - what type of drivers, irons, head covers, wedges, etc.

Show us what's in your bag?

Or share in words.

I'm shopping for some irons and was going to ask for some input from y'all but this seems more fun.

I'm looking to get titleist CBs. Should I?

Like others have mentioned, getting fitted is worth the $30-50, that way you will know loft, lie, length, etc for whatever future set you spend your money on

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cobra amp cell pros in the cards?

I like how you think . Those irons really do call to me, A little bit of forgiveness in the long irons and then muscle back in the short irons. I think it will be after this season before I buy (I ge

Thanks the putter is fantastic. But I am extremely drawn to 8802 style and am looking for something affordable to switch it up a bit.

Like others have mentioned, getting fitted is worth the $30-50, that way you will know loft, lie, length, etc for whatever future set you spend your money on

Agree 100%. Most decent shops will give you a free fitting though if you buy a full set of irions.

Picked up a Scotty Cameron Newport II putter last year and love it. Going to get a new driver as soon as I can get time to test some out. Irons are ten year old Calloway's but still like them. Wedges are Cleveland.

Driver: Mizuno MP 001

3 Wood: Callaway Great Big Bertha

5 Wood: Callaway Great Big Bertha

Irons: Ping Eye 2 Green Dot with Rifle Shafts

Cleveland Wedges

Orlimar Forged Putter

I have 3 other set of irons and none play as true or provide more feel than my Pings. I have a set of custom forged irons that provide more feedback, but are much harder to hit. I love my Mizuno driver because for the life of me I can't hit these monster sized heads and work the ball. I have owned my Orlimar putter since I was 13 years old and switched out the shaft once because I grew. Overall I love my setup because I know what to expect. I can hit the ball low, high, cut it, fade it, spin it etc. If I bought new clubs I would have to start over...

Driver: Mizuno MP 001

3 Wood: Callaway Great Big Bertha

5 Wood: Callaway Great Big Bertha

Irons: Ping Eye 2 Green Dot with Rifle Shafts

Cleveland Wedges

Orlimar Forged Putter

I have 3 other set of irons and none play as true or provide more feel than my Pings. I have a set of custom forged irons that provide more feedback, but are much harder to hit. I love my Mizuno driver because for the life of me I can't hit these monster sized heads and work the ball. I have owned my Orlimar putter since I was 13 years old and switched out the shaft once because I grew. Overall I love my setup because I know what to expect. I can hit the ball low, high, cut it, fade it, spin it etc. If I bought new clubs I would have to start over...

True old schooll clubs Aaron.... kudos to you. ok.gif

I've got the old school of the old school here.

Driver: ? still searching

3 wood and 5 wood: Calloway Big Bertha War Birds I've had since I was probably in my late teens,I'm 37 now lol, and I crush em, I love the smaller heads, they just feel right to me and I hit my 3 wood as far as most people hit a driver how I have no idea thats why I cant let it go.

Irons: Mizuno T Zoid forged Pro Irons

Wedges: Vokey 60 deg Cleveland 54 I got for free many years back

Putter: Original Odyssey 2 ball. Greatest putter I've ever owned next to my 80's Ping Zing.

The Irons aren't very forgiving but I love the feel. When I pure one you never feel the ball leave the face it just goes. I'm looking into new irons due to the fact I just don't play as much as I used to so my swing and game ain't what it used to be and these clubs let me know right away, lol. The woods I may never let go although I've been searching for years for a new driver its at the top of the list to add to the bag.

Thanks for sharing all. Ill be getting measured this weekend. Still deciding on the set.

Btw. Anyone using the utility iron by Titleist?

Yes if you are referring to the 712U, comes in very handy on certain tracks

I don't have pictures handy, but I'm partial to Callaway.

Driver and woods (3 and 5), Callaway FT-3 Fusion Big Bertha, Adila stiff flex graphite shaft, draw bias.

Hybrid, 3 hybrid, same as driver and woods.

Irons - Callaway X-18, full set including lob wedge, Callaway stiff-flex graphite shafts, up 1 degree, and +1/2" length.

Putters - Callaway TTi Tour Blue putter (the offset-mallet one), and Callaway i-Trax putter.

Love 'em, but I wish I did them better justice - have only been out twice a year at most over the last three years.

Picked up a Scotty Cameron Newport II putter last year and love it. Going to get a new driver as soon as I can get time to test some out. Irons are ten year old Calloway's but still like them. Wedges are Cleveland.

Got the time to try out a few drivers and ended up with the Callaway Razr Fit Extreme. If its good enough for Phil it should be ok for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ping I5 irons since Ping factory is a 35 minute drive for a custom fitting. Cleveland wedges. Up until recently I was hitting a Krank Rage 7 degree with a HOF XXX shaft. I wasn't hitting it to well due to the fact I'm getting older and you have to give it all you have to get it around and square. Happy to report I just picked up the new Krank Element 9 degree with just a 1x shaft. Much easier to get around and can easily carry 300. I drove 4 greens last weekend with the best ball going 348 yards 8 feet from the cup. Lipped the eagle putt though.

TM Tour Burner 10 degree

Cleveland Launcher Titanium 3 wood

TM Rescue 3

TM RAC LT irons (4-pw) w/ Rifle shafts

Cleveland RTG (51, 56, 60 deg)

Scotty Cameron Platinum putter

A Wilson 4 iron with a graphite shaft that I picked up from the bargain bin at Sportsmart for $15.

It kicked arse at the driving range going the distance or approaching short.

I even had to "smuggle" it onto the golf course in a bag with a full set and I'd only use that 4 iron for EVERYTHING.

My mates were terrible with their drivers but I could go straight down the fairway, sure a little bit behind but I'd always be a shot or two ahead, I even putted with it.

I am not a professional golfer

Driver and fairway woods: Leftover spaldings from about a decade ago when I used to golf more... on the hunt for something more appropriate.

Irons: 4-aw Callaway Razr's

Wedge: Cleveland 588 and some other generic SW... I forget the make but it is better than me any day of the week.

Putter: rotating stable of various putters i can blame for my lack of ability.

I bought the Razrs this year. Demo'd them beside some Rocket Bladez, Ping g15s, G25s and some other stuff but I preferred the razrs so I went with those.

• 2 weeks later...

Driver: Taylor Made R9 TP prototype, SK fibre shaft, 8 degree

3 wood: Cleveland Launcher 14 degree, sk fibre tour trac 80 shaft

Irons: Taylor Made RAC MBs 2-9 irons, diamond rifle 6.5 shafts

Wedges: Vockey spin milled 50, 54, 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport mid slant

Ball: Pro V1x

All the irons are upright 2 degrees and 1.5 degrees strong

Yea. The 712U. I heard many good things about this.

I have had one for 2 weeks now and im so glad i have it! Got the 2 iron and its perfect for my game, plus its managable off the deck-well most of the time lookaround.giflol3.gif

Custom fit for me.

The 12 Myths

Modern Golf Clubs Hit the Ball Farther

The Lower the Loft on Your Driver, The Farther the Ball will Go

You Can’t Go Wrong if you Stick with Well Known Brand Name Clubs

Your New Driver has a Larger Sweet Spot

When I Buy a Club with an S-Flex Shaft I Know I am Getting a Stiff Flex

The Faster You Swing, The Stiffer Your Shaft Should Be

The Longer the Length of the Driver, The Farther You’ll Hit the Ball

My Clubs are Just Like the Ones the Pros Use

Women’s Clubs are Designed for Women Golfers

I am not a Good Enough Golfer for Custom Fit Clubs to Matter

I’ll Just Cut Down Some Clubs for my Kid; That’s Good Enough

I was Custom Fit at the Big Golf Store (or Pro Shop or Online)

Wishongolf.com

• 7 months later...

I have had one for 2 weeks now and im so glad i have it! Got the 2 iron and its perfect for my game, plus its managable off the deck-well most of the time lookaround.giflol3.gif

not great off the deck for me... not consistent yet, but off the TEE is AMAZING!

To be honest, after reading your earlier comment that you currently 'suck' ( your words, not mine lol) I'd stay clear of the CBs. Whilst they are more forgiving than the MBs they are still quite 'blade like'. Like I said, consider the AP2s or something like the TM Rocketbladez. However, best thing to do is get yourself to a Demo day and try out a whole range of clubs. Get a fitting done (usually free if you buy some clubs) and get custom built clubs (lie angles, shaft length/flex etc -no extra charge unless you get fit for some exotic shafts).

AC. I played cbs for about 8 months. And loved them but upgraded to cb/mb combo. I am a high handicapper but mainly because of my putting and short game. I'm really having so much fun.

Funny thing is after the fitting the fitter goes... Looks like all stock for you!!