Your Plug Rate per box of 25 2010 + Stock?

Recent construction of Cuban Cigars   

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am just interested in members experience of the plug rate per 25 box from recent years production (Let's say 2010 standard).

Let's define a plugged cigar as one that requires intervention on your part:

• You pitch it due to construction issues
  • You seriously think about pitching it due to construction issues
  • You have to intervene (draw poker/cut out an offending section)

I would also love your thoughts as on the above poll as to whether construction is improving, much the same or going backwards.

Cheers party.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point Rob

Wasn't 100% sure on this one the failure rate is still much to high ,but Iam sure that it is on the improve ,I guess only time will tell,but from I have seen and what you have shown us from LFTH/LFTHW the quality appears to be on the up

Cheers

I voted improving. I have not had a plugged cigar since probably a bad box of 2009 partagas shorts that I smoked in 2010. I think I may have had one Cohiba Secretos that was plugged since then, it was a 2011 box.

I posted a question not so long ago asking for similar members' feedback. What prompted my question, in particular, was a Cohiba Robusto from a 2008 box. The only one from the box so far, and I'm about half way through. The rest feel fine.

I have had an average of 1 to 2 completely plugged cigars, per year. So my box rate would be much the same as Bart's ^^^ if not a little less.

Hard to say so far, the skinnies I get tend to be older, the wider RG cigars seem to be newer. Not sure sure if plugged because pre 2010, or plugged because its a skinny. Roughly though I'd say improving

1 per box maybe. Only had one plugged stick this year an h upman mag 48. Couldn't draw enough air to keep it lit. Pitched after a 1/2 inch

i had a box of bpc's that had atleast 5 plugged cigars even after dryboxing, where I just pitched em cuz it was worthless to keep trying to smoke them. Otherwise everything post 2010 that I've smoked I've run into very few plugged cigars. Although had 2 so far from a 10 pack of Lusi's but I was able to cut past the point and enjoy the rest of the cigar. All in all I think production is improving, I rarely fear a plugged cigar anymore, sometimes they just happen but not like they used to.

Actually doing a experiment with some brothers and keeping track of every cigar smoked since 1/1/13. Some guys just smoke cc some both and some just other than cc. This doesn't represent 2010 production forward but give a good idea of what's going on. Me personally I have had 2 tight cigars that were still smokable all year out of about 90 cigars smoked. Have also had several under filled post 2010 production

devuqytu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Then I count myself as one of the lucky ones as I've only had two plugged cigars that I had to bail on in about five years and one was a monte 2 and the other was a monte 4 both from 2011 dated boxes.... Others had a tight draw but not so bad that I couldn't enjoy the smoke....

Also want to add that, on average, I smoke cigars that are 48 RG or above....

I don't smoke much for current stock but I did sample a cigar from a box of '10 Boli PC and it was plugged. I tossed it and grabbed another and it had a perfect draw.

Actually doing a experiment with some brothers and keeping track of every cigar smoked since 1/1/13. Some guys just smoke cc some both and some just other than cc. This doesn't represent 2010 production forward but give a good idea of what's going on. Me personally I have had 2 tight cigars that were still smokable all year out of about 90 cigars smoked. Have also had several under filled post 2010 production

devuqytu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

very cool. Thanks for sharing

For those with plugged cigars.

I implore you that if the draw is too tight for your liking, put them in a fridge for an hour or two. Works miracles spotlight.gif

Thanks for the tip, as I have had some tight draw issues lately. So fridge it for acouple hours right before smoking, or let it sit for awhile after fridging?

I am one vote for much the same. I have had a mix, some boxes have had some tight draws in the past 2 years which left me unhappy smoker. I can't say there is improvement, but also I don't think it's getting worse. Just kind of neutral here.

Thanks for the tip, as I have had some tight draw issues lately. So fridge it for acouple hours right before smoking, or let it sit for awhile after fridging?

Straight up...light them and go. i did this with some very very tight Mag 46 this week. kept them for myself. They have gone from "very tight" to good and glorious.

Straight up...light them and go. i did this with some very very tight Mag 46 this week. kept them for myself. They have gone from "very tight" to good and glorious.

i should point out that I cut the cap (obviously)...and test them. If still a tad tight I leave them in longer. They all come around.

Thanks I appreciate it, I will use this advice because I have a box of ERdM CS that have wonderful flavor but already 5 of the box have had tight draw.