The Cigar Lounge at Prado 309....by Punch Joe

El Presidente

It's still strange to hear of the no-smoking being more enforced now in Cuba, it's almost like not being allowed to drink wine in France

I was shocked and sorely disappointed to find several no-smoking places in Cuba...of all places!?

We stayed two nights at the Sol Santa Maria resort and there was no indoor smoking facility. I had to smoke outside in the heat and humidity. In CUBA! CUBA!

I couldn't believe it.

El Asturiano / La Terraza had the BEST leg of lamb I've ever had in my life. It was an amazing restaurant that was shared with us last November....

post-6965-0-33312100-1369352038_thumb.jp

And we saw all the added stuff that Jose mentioned there in his piece.

An awesome little hidden-away gem in Havana. Thanks for sharing your story, Jose!

Great restaurants at Prado 309 and the cigar lounge is nice but the ventilation was only so so. They did have a great selection of scotch :)

Thanks for the post Punch Joe and thanks for sharing this gem of a lounge with us; loved it. Alexi was most accommodating and secured a newly published copy of The World of the Habano for me. Worth a repeat visit.yes.gif

Thanks Rob for posting the photo.ok.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Fairly new to the forum, and growing impressed by coming across quality content left and right. I am an Asturian myself, from Gijon...now in USA, but that's a long story. I should put myself down to work and translate some of the information about the Asturian immigrants in Cuba and their contribution to tobacco growing, brand building and general enterprising...also about the lasting cigar culture we enjoyed in what otherwise is a modest and small region of Spain. There are some unique archives in the public libraries back home with rich history on the topic.

I also take the chance to suggest everyone to visit Asturias if they had a chance...Spain best kept secret ;)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9011954/