Partagas El Libro

ndtoronto

I Facebooked him. No response either. [erhaps he is not as "online" as most of us...

The thing is when I was trying to pre-pay for the book I received rapid responses (multiple within a day). I was told late March I would receive it. It's now well into June and I haven't received any response to my email. Hopefully it isn't to late to contest these charges with PayPal if thats the route I have to take.

Has anyone received this book?

Here is what he sent me today via Facebook PM:

Ryan, Books should be landing in Georgia early next week. Then they will clear customs and be shipped to the distribution warehouse. At that time they will be individually boxed and shipped (should arrive around end of month). If you prefer, I will be in Las Vegas for ICPCR in mid July and will gladly sign your copy and ship from there, if we can stretch your patience a couple of weeks further

The thing is when I was trying to pre-pay for the book I received rapid responses (multiple within a day). I was told late March I would receive it. It's now well into June and I haven't received any response to my email. Hopefully it isn't to late to contest these charges with PayPal if thats the route I have to take.

Has anyone received this book?

Last thing you want to do is contest PayPal, contact him on Facebook

I think its taken a long time too but not worth stressing over, its a book not a box of cigars :)

Thanks for the response Bart...

I don't have Facebook so that's not an option. No plans of contesting this with pay pal at this point nor am I stressed out about it. The Customer service is a little lacking is all.

Have you ever been to Cuba? lol3.gif Customer service is not their forte!

• 4 weeks later...

I read the face book post that was made almost a month ago... The pictures of the book look fantastic. Has anyone received their book yet? I sent an email asking for a personalized copy although I received no response so who knows.

Found this on a swiss homepage:

http://www.premium-b...12_partagas.pdf

And the book is on purchase as well (of course in Switzerland).

Looks like everybody who had made a pre-ordering should have be a bit patient. Hmm once again, but it really looks like a matter of days.

Is that an ad for Torano cigars in the Partagas book?!? :rolleyes::P:lol:

But seriously. You folks that pre-ordered. Don't you get the first copies off the press? Do the people ordering off the Swiss site get it ahead of you?

Is that an ad for Torano cigars in the Partagas book?!? rolleyes.giftongue.pnglaugh.png

But seriously. You folks that pre-ordered. Don't you get the first copies off the press? Do the people ordering off the Swiss site get it ahead of you?

No its an pre-press release of the Cigar Journal coming up next. And yes that is a Torano cigar ad.

And it look like that the Swiss folks are able to order & receive in 1-3 working days.

Well Switzerland is a small, tiny country but always fast with a lot of things.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent him an email a couple weeks back, but still haven't heard from him. At this point I'm thinking of booking a reserve against receivables, if you know what I mean.

I did the same and didn't receive a response. When I sent an email on the 19th in response to his face book post I received a response today that said "Thank you" so hopefully I'll have this in hand soon.

IMO, this whole situation is absolutely terrible and horrible customer service / public relations. Being a good guy or not, there's no kosher way to explain away the lack of communication and extended delays with this. If some people are getting responses, or small posts are being made to Facebook, there's no reason why one and all can't be kept in the loop, especially if people's money has been pocketted already.

I hope that all get their books okay, and are happy with the finished product. But this whole situation tarnishes the public perception of the project, IMO.

Amir sent out a mass email today about this:

Dear friends,

The time has come. Shipping boxes have been ordered and books have been signed. Finally your patience will be rewarded. As some of you may know I had my computer destroyed recently, so I am requesting the following: If you could send an email to [email protected] with your order confirmation number, mailing address and if you would like the book dedicated or not (if yes, name you would like it dedicated to).

Thank you for your interest and patience.

Best regards,

Amir

Did everybody get that e-mail?

I didn't...

I received the same email. I responded and Amir replied right back. No idea about actual ship dates or when it will arrive. I'm guessing it will still be awhile due to the fact that he said he said "shipping boxes have been ordered"