What is the Strength of a Partagas Serie D Number 4

You pick the Strength  

354 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sharing cigars with a host of people I am often surprised how people's tastes and tolerances differ when it comes to cigars.

As an exercise, where would you put the strength of a D4? For the purpose of the exercise we are not talking about nicotine level "hit" but rather:

Weight on the palate + robustness of flavour.

have a crack at the poll and share any insights. Let's see if this pans out the way I think it will looking.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What - no La Escepcion in your list? LOL.

Mild in terms of flavor intensity, or in terms of strength? It really should be clarified...

Majority of the cigars I've smoked in my short time would have to be the PDS4. I still can't break down all the different flavors I taste, however for me I say this is a medium full cigar.

This is one cigar I have NEVER tried! Would like to, but many say it is a very inconsistent too mass produced cigar.

The PSD4 is one of my first box purchases. It's always been pretty full body to me, but since I've had fuller bodied cigars (like CoRo and RASS) I'll rank it medium to full

Probably one of the cc's I've smoked the most of with years from 05-12 and at best they are always med-full and at worst med but still have great flavor. However for me the cigar all comes together when it is med-full, I feel adding a little mongrel or robustness rounds out the whole palatte and flavor profile of this cigar where as when they're med in body they lack a little something.

med to full

where would you put the strength of a D4? For the purpose of the exercise we are not talking about nicotine level "hit" but rather:

Weight on the palate + robustness of flavour.

I believe that a cigar can be full flavored, but not full in strength; the attributes are mutually exclusive. As for intensity, I'd say when D4's are not sour, they are very full/rich in its flavors.

One of the first Cuban cigars I smoked, it always had a rich, full flavor that I still love.

I voted med-full and stand by that.

Same here. The PSD4 was the first cc I smoked and I fell in love.

I would say medium, but I was looking for 'Awesome' as a choice, as the 2 boxes I've gone through (both 2012) have been that!

I love the spicyness and I find for me, they go exceedingly well alongside a glass of red.

Medium to full for me as well

Always good they never disappoint

This is the first box i bought and for flavours i would rank it full.

To me it rarely misses the mark. I'm on my 3rd box and being relatively new to the game (ie smoking cigars for about 2 years) that would make it the one i like to go to. My current box is an aged 2008 box that is smoking extremely well so its lasting longer then the first 2.