What is the Strength of a Partagas Serie D Number 4

You pick the Strength  

354 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sharing cigars with a host of people I am often surprised how people's tastes and tolerances differ when it comes to cigars.

As an exercise, where would you put the strength of a D4? For the purpose of the exercise we are not talking about nicotine level "hit" but rather:

Weight on the palate + robustness of flavour.

A genuine D4 or that fake you gave me? tongue.png

I'd classify the ones I've smoked as medium, bordering on medium/light.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What - no La Escepcion in your list? LOL.

Mild in terms of flavor intensity, or in terms of strength? It really should be clarified...

Medium to full when they are on point. I find they slip down a notch to medium when not.

I agree with those above who believe that over production has lead to inconsistency.

Still, the best cigar I ever smoked was a 96 point PSD4.

This is one cigar that will always be in my steady rotation. I much prefer the darker wrappers as I find the lighter ones, which I am currently working through now, a bit too light on both strength and complexity. When on, I rank my quintessential PSD4 at med-full strength.

Hi Fellow FOHers,

Like a lot of others, this was my first introduction to Cuban cigars a number of years ago. I had read before hand that they were one of the strongest of Cubans.

I find this to be one of my favorite Cubans, but I find it to be more of a medium at best, while I do enjoy what my palate finds as delicate flavors.

Thank you,

Curtiss

I picked the D4 for this exercise because it is the most smoked Robusto format in the HSA lineup (by a country mile). Most members would have tried at least several over many years.

It is interesting that 95% of respondents have picked the Partagas SD4 as medium to Medium full. Now that is some decent blend consistency right there wink.png

I was sharing some D4 with guests last week who were all experienced cigar lovers. One commented how ruthlessly strong his D4 was which had me intrigued? Mine was Medium. Others medium full.

I clipped a large chunk off the foot of my cigar and passed it to my guest who did the same with his cigar. blow and behold he found mine to be full and I found his to be medium.

We are all different peoples. When reading or watching reviews, we should pay more attention/gravitate to those reviews by people with similar palates.

Medium-full for me. Just got a box last week from FOH. Spicy up front and stays strong through the second/3rd. I have been plowing through these JL#2's lately and the D4 has that something extra to keep the flavor all the way through.

Medium to Full for me as well. I have had them mild, but only on a rare occasion when have had the odd one or two plug on me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

A little off the initial topic, but what would be the most mild cuban available?

Probably the Montecristo Open series

I've just had a Serie D4 from a JUN 06 box tonight. I voted 'full'. Normally I would say medium-full for the Serie D4, but this box has been full from the start. It was quite harsh at first (not the best box), but now reasonably good. 89 point cigar