What is the Strength of a Partagas Serie D Number 4

You pick the Strength  

354 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Med-full. The '12 PSD4 are the best since at least 2004, maybe better. Great flavor profile.

have to agree....i have some 2010 that decent, but a sep 2012 box i have are beautiful. Incredible looking wrappers and flavour. Renewed my faith in the D4!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What - no La Escepcion in your list? LOL.

Mild in terms of flavor intensity, or in terms of strength? It really should be clarified...

I am yet to determine how strong a cigar is. I can't tell if it's medium or medium to full or whatever, they all just taste like cigars to me.

One thing though, since I've learned how to blow a bit of smoke through my nose without dying, I find that if I don't blow smoke through my nose, it's just boring and I hardly get any flavours at all.

Actually been pretty disappointed a lot with cigars lately......... Poo!

smoking one how, Oct 10 HQ selection from Czar. Medium-full for sure, as always by my standards. very flavorfull, everything a partagas should be

I voted medium. I love this smoke and always keep a few in the humidor!

well, well, well

look what the cat dragged in...........

Along with the consensus, I would say medium to full. I've had some that were full bodied and very peppery and some medium and very creamy and wonderful. When they are in, it is definitely one of my favorite smokes

• 9 months later...

Med-full. The '12 PSD4 are the best since at least 2004, maybe better. Great flavor profile.

Out of SMO mar12 vs OSR nov 11 I really prefer my 11 box.

My vote goes to medium. But love it

Kinda odd and funy. I usually prefer darker wrapper, and maduros. But this case the 11 box is lighter wrapper and somehow feels better, tastes better.

On the lower end of medium full to me, I like them but I've always found my experience with D4's to be lighter than everyone else describes.

Medium to medium full for me depending on cut.

The only medium ones that i have had have had a punch made instead of a cut.

A looser draw usually gave me a fuller flavor although the flavors are always consistent and typical of Partagas.

Nevertheless one of the best smokes and a staple for me!

My friends that have been smoking for decades always love the PSD4 as a strictly medium cigar. For me it's always Full or medium-full. I'm smoking one now and it is just knocking me over with strength (and nicotine . . . woo hoo! party.gif ) I consistently seem to have more of a woos palette than the rest of my circle.

"The World of Habanos" book rates the whole Partagas line as full. For me they seem med/full a friend I smoke with thinks they are full after making it through half of one before his head was swirling. I think it might have been either the fourth glass of rum or that he was trying to smoke it too fast personally.

Med-Full. I've only smoke a few D4's and I found them to be full in body but medium in spice. Noob here, so I don't know if my description resonates with anyone or makes sense for that matter lol

• 4 weeks later...