177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's not overlook the love story in the R&J name... Cedros en tubo would be great giveaways.

For you, on the other hand, choose what you really want, it's your night. I have only had one Lancero and it was epic. I have had scads of Esplendidos but I doubt many were real (street cigars in the early 2000s). I would go Lancero. Might be a bit quicker to smoke too.

Wait a minute... It was a tragedy, not a romance... Maybe Boli or another marca would carry other omen.

Just get what looks best!

Why not go an El Rey Del Mundo (king of the world)?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

to be honest get them some macondodo's they won't know the difference! gave some cubans to a friend that

does not honor the code of cigar smoking because he is / was a cig. smoker for many years. He treats

cigars like he treats cig.'s. puff, puff, puff, tap, tap, tap, puts half out to smoke later or just throws away the

remaining half as if it is a cig. same for my cousin macododo for him also with a cuban band won't

know the difference! don't waste your money on even Perlas to good for them.

CoLa is a good choice, very generous. Just be prepared for most of the guys to leave the cigar less than half smoked.

I'd recommend something that has:

--Name recognition: Cohiba, Monte, R&J

--Tubo

--Shorter format

I think an R&J Short or Wide Churchill Tubo might be perfect. Or even a Monte Petite Tubo.

• 11 months later...

I'm no expert, but, the last Espendido I smoked was awesome, especially since it was gifted to me! :party:

How does "it was given to me" factor into how good the cigar is??? Myself, I could care less whether it was free or I bought the thing, a bad cigar is a bad cigar and a great cigar a great cigar. Whether it was free or not has no bearing on the flavor and smoking performance of the cigar. I've never understood that statement and I hear it all the time. Makes one look like a cigar mooch when they say it.

• 2 weeks later...

How does "it was given to me" factor into how good the cigar is??? Myself, I could care less whether it was free or I bought the thing, a bad cigar is a bad cigar and a great cigar a great cigar. Whether it was free or not has no bearing on the flavor and smoking performance of the cigar. I've never understood that statement and I hear it all the time. Makes one look like a cigar mooch when they say it.

Free may or may not make a difference, but a gift can have incredible values beyond cost that you obviously just don't understand. My understanding was that mooching involves requesting or in some way making clear you want one of someone else's Cigars, this, to me, is not the same as a gift.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would go the cohiba pyramid extra myself. I've smoked enough cohiba's of late and those are the best and than instead of tubo go either Monty 2's or ep2. Big ring gauge always makes guys feel like a "boss" and they are great when they are "on". Or even sig 3 if you can find them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk