Worst Flavour

That one box that just makes you wince.......what is it? tantrum.gif

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The worst ones I own, are the empty ones! Since I've been letting the Prez pick most of them for me, they have all been stunning! (Boy does that ever sound like brown-nosing after reading) ;-)

I have a box of 10 Short Churchills, well now 8, and they have a light thin tan wrapper you can see the green binder through--have a feeling they aren't coming back.  Ugly as hell.  Taste terrible, te

That's funny.

I have two actually. One box of Cohiba Magicos and one box of RyJ Wide Churchills. Both very bad fakes I bought online when I did not know where to get real CCs and who to trust. Bought them from an online seller that has too good to be true prices. Long story short, I succeeded in getting partially refunded, but it took so long that the boxes I returned stayed forever in the seller's country Customs and they were sent back to me in the end. I ended up with the refund and the fakes. I meant to throw them away as I will never smoke one or give one to anyone, but somehow I keep postponing doing so. I opened two or three and they seemed properly made. No paint chips or anything disgusting inside at least.

Without doubt the winner of the worst box I've ever acquired was Fonseca Cosacos. I've read Theo Rudman's high marks reviews of this smoke, but it was the deadest flavored Habana I've had, ever. Only a box of fake R&J Cedro No.1's were more empty of flavor.

The worst ones I own, are the empty ones!

Since I've been letting the Prez pick most of them for me, they have all been stunning!

(Boy does that ever sound like brown-nosing after reading) ;-)

• Like 3

SLR Regio - Purchased a box years ago, worst tasting cigars EVER IMO.

Still have them, too embarrased to even give them to people I normally palm off my bad cigars to!! ;)

I have a box of Monte #4 that is very, very poor.

But I have 3 boxes that, separatedely, have one of the criterias "Worst visually, Worst Construction, Worst Flavour". Fortunately, so far, never had a box with these 3 adjectives together.

On my first trip to Cuba ( 7 years ago) I decided to purchase a box of cigars to take home.I had not had a Cuban cigar for many years and did not do any research..in so far as taste and profile. I purchased a box of Romeo and Julieta Milles Fleurs. By far the worst tasting cigars ( other than NC ) that I have ever purchased. Thanks to Friends of Habanos my choices have been ,let us say ,more enjoyable. A little knowledge goes a long way.

Cheers to All who contribute and enlighten us all

Hands down this box of 2000 SLR Churchills. Mostly devoid of flavor, fireproof wrappers and draw like a brick.

Otherwise not a terrible cigar....

IMG 1287[1]

• Like 2

Worst box of cigars....

I was in Havana about once a year in the early 2000's and always hunted for something hard to find to take back with me...back with you could bring in $100 worth of goods.

On one trip I found a 50 cab of Punch Royal Selection #11's that were oily and had a magical aroma..however I was leaving that day so instead of doing my normal "smoke one to check them out" routine I just bought the cab, stuffed in my bag and went to the airport.

Ever since them once I year I pull one out in hopes that these TENT PEGS will somehow have loosened up and be smokable. Not matter the efforts with a long wire or other instrument then are solid as oak rods.

Oh well part of the fun of habanos.

greycliff coronas with a red band...bought in '03 and the last box of non habanos I purchased(and about 25% of all the non habanos I have ever bought)...smoked like reallllly hot Marlboros uck,

derrek

My 2000 box of Sancho Panza Sancho Tent Pegs Deluxe. One out of 10 was smokable and I have one left in case I need a weapon against burglars. :rolleyes:

Cohiba Secretos = tastes like campfire ash (after the campfire was put out with piss)

Haven't been smoking long enough to have a "worst" box yet. I like some of my cigars more than others, but I like them all.

X2

Probably a box of Diplo 2's from 2012 that I have. They are a cracker of a cigar but the plug rate for this box is unlike I have ever experienced. At least 7 so far have been plugged. BUT when I do grab that that draws nicely it's a 93-94 smoke, which is why it hurts so bad when one is plugged.

Worst for me would have to be an all around ugly box of Coh Secretos I bought blind a few years ago from online vendor. Most feet are damaged, poor heads, and ugly veins. Smoke and taste great but visually have issues. Also, had a box of Punch SS no1 that were tight as can be and even when used draw poker and every other trick possible, once it got there the flavor was awful and almost to a point of me questioning their authenticity (bought the box while abroad in Seoul). That was the only box I have ever thrown away.

Cuaba Divinos, Not sure what is going on with these. Lit maybe 5 from the box and haven't made it through any of them, just bitter and the appearance is nothing to write home about.

2010 box of RyJ Wide Churchills .......... the first one out of the box was good, which gave me reason to believe they were OK to gift. A while later I smoked another one and it was horrible; terrible flavor, lousy construction, no redeeming qualities whatsoever! Stopped gifting them, and smoked the rest myself, hoping they would come back around ..... they never did. In fact, that is the first one stuck in my mouth in my avatar! I will never revisit the WC ( water closet?!? frown.gif ), and I actually enjoy some RyJ!

My 2000 box of Sancho Panza Sancho Tent Pegs Deluxe. One out of 10 was smokable and I have one left in case I need a weapon against burglars. rolleyes.gif

Tent Pegs Deluxe rotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gif