Has anyone else forgotten Coronas?

A funny thing struck me the other day, I have forgotten Coronas! I buy Robustos, Churchill's, Petite Coronas, Double Coronas eta. but the cigar Standard, Coronas, I have not bought a box of for years, and I can't tell you why.

Is anyone else forgotten them as have I?! If so why?

Recommend me some Coronas PLEASE.

A funny thing struck me the other day, I have forgotten Coronas! I buy Robustos, Churchill's, Petite Coronas, Double Coronas eta. but the cigar Standard, Coronas, I have not bought a box of for years, and I can't tell you why.

Is anyone else forgotten them as have I?! If so why?

Recommend me some Coronas PLEASE.

Monte 3 and boli tubos 1 - think the rest is axed. I've had the luck to find a box of partagas coronas from 02 and half a box of (moldy) bolívar coronas 06. Both is highly recommended, if you can find them. Both gone since 06 :-(

The corona is my 2nd favorite size, just after the corona gorda. It offers the best balance IMHO.

The Quai D'Orsay corona is very good and can be found easily. Medium body and strenght, great complexity.

The Punch corona is discontinued but can still be found. It's rather strong, almost heavy, always satisfying. Ive finished all my '98 and am now working on a box from 2007.

VR Familiar: I think the Famosos has more flavor, but it's still a good corona. Discontinued but easy to find.

RyJ corona: this one is a bit light for my taste – Rob showed some great boxes in a recent LFTH sale…

The Hoyo Palmas Reales, Upmann Majestic, Partagas Super Partagas are decent cheaper alternatives, in a size (cremas) that is very close.

( I cordially hate the Hoyo du Roi)

I have forgotten coronas too. I dont have one in my humidor and i think in the last 2 years only smoked 2 coronas.

There are just much better sizes to choose from now buuuut.

I think its because habana isn't making new and exciting coronas for us to want to buy.

Such as robustos designed to last 12 minutes? Or 56rg monsters designed to please new bling bling people?

Exactly. This size was and should be at the center of every marca. The problem isn't that we don't want coronas, it's that they keep reducing the choices of good ones.

totally agree, i don't think we necessarily "forgot" so much as Habanos made us forget.... but I will be watching this thread closely as I'd love a coronas recommendation as well.... nicely done David67

Just had an 06 Bolivar Corona today. Stocked up on those & 06 Partagas Corona when they were cut. Both fine smokes. For something lighter the QdeO Corona is still being made, as is the MC#3.

I haven't forgotten any there just isn't much to choose from. I much prefer coronas to corona gordas but the qdo just don't cut for me, have smoked through half of an 11 box and they are the least flavorful and complex of my cigars. Perhaps they need many more years of time, I don't know. Though not a corona per se, the cce is my favorite stick in that range and one of my favorite vitolas hands down.

i've wanted a reason to revisit Vegas Robaina, think i will search out a box of familiars.... didn't upmann make good coronas at one point? i must be thinking petit coronas....

H. Upmann Coronas Major! that's what I was thinking..... anyone have recent experience with these?

Partagas Coronas, Corona Seniors, Corona Especiales, and Montecristo No. 3

I usually prefer a petite corona as you get almost as much cigar for much less money

but I do love coronas and it SHOULD be the benchmark cigar in every marca

thanks everyone for reminding me of some of the greats out there and soon I shall have to order more habanos

oh and agreed that Habanos SA seems to have forgotten all about "normal" cigars like coronas

H. Upmann Coronas Major! that's what I was thinking..... anyone have recent experience with these?

I had one in Jamaica recently... it was a very good smoke.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

IMO the corona most accurately represents each marca's flavor profile.

My favorites are the Partagas, Bolivar, Upmann, Punch, VR, and QdO in that order. Of course most are gone now. And I will admit it has been several years since I had a QdO, and that box was good but not great.