Video Cigar Review - R&J Exhibition No4 - SMO ENE 12

asmith

Rob has for years been banging on about how the R&J Exhibition No4 was once a great cigar and is no longer. With his trusty sidekick Ken in tow they sit down and review this again. Why do I get the feeling this is not going to end well for Ken?

i wonder what it would be like to do a review with a sober person. doubt i'll ever find out (a clue - the more rob extends his words, the more pissed he is - "maliiiigned").

a travesty? the holocost might have been a travesty. not sure that a slightly loose construction on a bog average cigar is quite the same thing.

and as for that cigar? bring back the drew undercrown.

Lol that review is is back to be being like the early ones.

I need to give RyJ another chance. I read churchills cigar on holiday and the man loved them, seeing this makes we want to take a punt on a box of churchills now.

Well done guys.

I still love these videos with a passion, even when I couldn't care less about the cigar being reviewed, they're always entertaining. I wish I could direct one of these reviews one day, shoot it round-table style. Then again, Smithy is probably losing years off his life trying to edit this into watchable material :P

It's funny. Every Cuban cigar smoker I know who only smokes Cubans pisses all over non Cubans because of their less than comparable flavor profile. However, every non Cuban smoker laments the fact that far too many Cubans are structurally flawed, inconsistent and often faked. This is the kind of review that makes me wonder who's right.

I certainly don't want to be disrespectful, but I can't see how Mr Gargett could judge the quality of a cigar by smoking it the way I see in this video.

Short, fast puffs, expelled immediately as if they were poisoned, no retro-inhalation (smoke through the nose), etc.

It's just impossible to detect any flavor or even the texture of the smoke if you don't allow the smoke to be in contact with your olfactory system…

Compare with what Rob does with every puff he takes from the cigar.

I certainly don't want to be disrespectful, but I can't see how Mr Gargett could judge the quality of a cigar by smoking it the way I see in this video.

Short, fast puffs, expelled immediately as if they were poisoned, no retro-inhalation (smoke through the nose), etc.

It's just impossible to detect any flavor or even the texture of the smoke if you don't allow the smoke to be in contact with your olfactory system…

Compare with what Rob does with every puff he takes from the cigar.

I don't think retro-inhale is required to taste and enjoy a cigar though.

Flavor... maybe not. To get the true body, I think yes. With mild cigars, this is very important. Certain complexities are missed without pushing at least a small amount out the nose. Maybe it's important to me because I don't have super taster taste buds.

i wonder what it would be like to do a review with a sober person. doubt i'll ever find out (a clue - the more rob extends his words, the more pissed he is - "maliiiigned")...

That, and the leg-shake-knee-bounce thing that he does, with that silly grin. It's like he's trying not to have to go pee. Or an alcohol nervousness. LOL.

That, and the leg-shake-knee-bounce thing that he does, with that silly grin. It's like he's trying not to have to go pee. Or an alcohol nervousness. LOL.

or bored?

you guys do realise that the video shows about 4% of the actual smoking time so what you see may not be all there is to it?

Been a while since I had a great No 4.

Would love to see that quality return though.

Lots of RyJ I've had has been great though, Cazzies, Short Churchills, Churchills, and tubos no 3, all cherry wrapper and flavour.

Ps, Love the cheeky look on KGs face as Rob is watering the snake...

Ps, Love the cheeky look on KGs face as Rob is watering the snake...

bizarrely, i was trying to turn it on so we could catch rob in the act but i didn't get time and missed out. little did i know that techno-idiot had left it on himself.

Nice review. The few Exhibition No. 4's I have smoked over the last few years have been really good, liked them a lot. But for some reason I've never pulled the trigger and bought a box. Maybe there are Robusto sized Cigars that I prefer, or I've always been worried about consistency. Either way, thanks for reminding me about the Exhi No. 4 - may revisit these again soon.

I do blow out slowly through my nose with every puff though. I thought this method was what is called retrohale.

I think what I call "retro-inhaling" (retro-inhalation in french) is actually what anglo-saxons call "retrohale".