I knew this is a cigar forum but does anyone smoke a pipe here. I know a lot of coat smokers who also smoke pipes.

Here's one I've just bought.

ydesudad.jpg

Just wondering?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

l tried to smoke my Coat once but l couldn't keep the sleaves lit.

Yes there are a few of is here who smoke pipes.

I like the Petersons and have a few plus some other brands. l haven't smoked then in a while though.

Yes there are a few of is here who smoke pipes.

I like the Petersons and have a few plus some other brands. l haven't smoked then in a while though.

Try dry boxing the coat for a day or two. biggrin.png

I'd have thought there'd be no problem burning chiffon.

Pandy, if you do a title search using pipe, there are some discussions which may be of interest.

I'd have thought there'd be no problem burning chiffon.

Pandy, if you do a title search using pipe, there are some discussions which may be of interest.

Cheers I'll have a look.

I've tried... Can't keep the damn thing lit...

It's all in the packing, you know what they say practice makes perfect!

Yup. I love my pipes. In fact, I've been hitting them more than the cigars lately. My favorites are my Savinelli Author and my Brigham Algonquin. As for tobacco, Fairmorn's Lancer's Slices and 4noggins Bald Headed Teacher and Britt's Balkan see to be the ones that I reach for most often.

I've a few good pipes.

Live next to Gawiths, so that's generally what I smoke.

Saved my marriage, as we travelled in the campervan, without that pipe..it could have got messy.

post-13042-13737005364804.jpg

My Moretti rusticated stubby pot. Been getting into pipes lately. Enjoying some Frog Morton Cellar right now.

I've a few others, but enjoy this one the most... so far ;)

post-13042-13737005364804.jpg

My Moretti rusticated stubby pot. Been getting into pipes lately. Enjoying some Frog Morton Cellar right now.

I've a few others, but enjoy this one the most... so far ;)

That is a great looking pipe!

I have a couple of Savinellis. Its a different experience to cigars, I alternate between the two depending on my mood. Much like cigars which are overly humid, issues with burning and keeping pipes lit start with overly moist tobacco. I pack my pipe and let it sit for 30 mins so the tobacco drys a bit before I start. To get an idea on what various profiles of tobacco there are, have a look at tobaccoreview.com for various user reviews. I did not get along with MacBaren tobacco but like Samuel Gawith.

My Moretti rusticated stubby pot.

Moretti pipes are excellent. Carved in good, aged briar, well drilled, well finished. Their only flaw is IMHO the thickness of their mouth piece, but they're a better choice than an italian/english/Irish/french semi-industrial product…

Moretti pipes are excellent. Carved in good, aged briar, well drilled, well finished. Their only flaw is IMHO the thickness of their mouth piece, but they're a better choice than an italian/english/Irish/french semi-industrial product…

I've got a couple of estate Stanwell's, and a Nording. Whilst they're perfectly fine pipes, the Moretti just sits better and I seem to enjoy smoking it more than the others. So much so that I've just bought another one. Looking forward to it arriving. Part of the appeal is finding the perfect pipe I think.

I guess the fact that they are hand made is part of the appeal as well.

Cigars and pipes are akin to apples and oranges. It is very hard to compare. And I agree that finding the perfect pipe makes the whole smoking process much more enjoyable.

And if you want a pipe tobacco with a good punch and rich flavours like a CC, I highly recommend the Peterson Perfect Plug.

I have a few nice estate pipes from italy that i smoke every now and then but i tend to break out the corn cobs more often than not. Cheap as chips and smoke cool and easy. But to me if im feeling like a gramps, nothingbeats a good old straight briar billiard for me.

If your struggling to keep them lit this may help. Generally pipe tobacco has a lot more moisture than other forms of tobacco so to counter this its good practice to either pull your tobacco out and place it in a small dish 10-30 mins before moking or just to pack your pipe an hour or so before smoking. I found this technique worked wonders when i was starting out in the world of pipes. When i retire, i can see myself smoking my pipes more regularly, so many variations in the tobacco and dont even get me started on ageing tobacco.

I have just recently got into pipes. A total newb. I purchased an estate Ben Wade free hand of the Preben Holm era a few months ago. 2 weeks ago I purchased a second Ben Wade also of the Preben Holm era and another Danish looking freehand. The " other" free hand turned out to be made in Stowe Vermont by Elliott Nachwalter.A talented artist but poor marketer.Absolutely beautiful. I bought it for $12 and found the same pipe on Nachwalters website that sold for $299. Honestly they go for 60-85 on ebay.i love the looks of that pipe but it gurgles.

• 2 weeks later...