2014 Habanos Releases

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

H.Upmann Reserva #2 Pic courtesy of the Foxy one!

How many more times can they cut another half inch off a D4 and call it...D5,D6,D7,D8,D9 before they're just sending empty boxes??

We're like a bunch of old farts complaining about the good old days hermosa #4 is the biggest cigar I can comfortably fit in my mouth That Cohiba Ron Jeremy will fly off the shelves faster than the

Where?

Most places I've seen, eg around $500 US a box here (and that's the best price I've seen so far).

£20-£25 a stick in the UK online generally so maybe £3 cheaper than esplendidos but still £500/$800 US minimum. I'm not even going thinking about high street prices :S

Unless I'm just having a senior moment! :D

The Boli's have me interested since I got into this side of smokes after the CE was dc'd. The PL's may be worth looking for as well.

Exactly, they dice the regular productions and come out with so called " Limited Editions" for prices that are over inflated. There are alot of great regular production cigars but alot of people overlook them and they go away.

I'm betting the deleted partagas selection privada #1 at current prices will still be cheaper than this years EL version, HSA seems to be aiming super high with prices, eg the 2013 punch being the same price as Esplendidos

2013 EL Punch same as Espys? Lets be clear here, these are $263/box in Cuba. Would be interesting to know what vendors get them for at wholesale...Cohiba's are relatively similarly priced between Cuba and vendors. Cuba finally woke up a couple years back and saw what vendors could/were commanding for their marquee brand and upped the price. Cohiba is probably the ONLY brand not worth stocking up on for pricing in Cuba. The % off sales here are very nice when I'm stocking Cohiba...

CQ on point. I would much prefer 10-15 yr old discontinued cigars as opposed to the new ELs. pricing can be similar as well.

Still, I have found myself to be a sucker for the regional program....some of those can be fun.

• Like 1

CQ on point. I would much prefer 10-15 yr old discontinued cigars as opposed to the new ELs. pricing can be similar as well.

Still, I have found myself to be a sucker for the regional program....some of those can be fun.

I agree Shlomo. The RE have been really good from Asia and Canada. The Simones from Canada and the Short Bolivar from Asia are two of my favorite cigar. Both well under EL size and pricing.

2013 EL Punch same as Espys? Lets be clear here, these are $263/box in Cuba. Would be interesting to know what vendors get them for at wholesale...Cohiba's are relatively similarly priced between Cuba and vendors. Cuba finally woke up a couple years back and saw what vendors could/were commanding for their marquee brand and upped the price. Cohiba is probably the ONLY brand not worth stocking up on for pricing in Cuba. The % off sales here are very nice when I'm stocking Cohiba...

Punch EL $520 US on the last LFTW and that's the best price I've seen anywhere, obviously Cuba will be cheaper though but can't really be compared. Esplendidos are always around $500 US here too.

People are buying the Punch everywhere though so HSA can't be blamed. If no one bought them at this price threshold then HSA would have to drop prices, if people are buying then they have no reason to. HSA seems to have it's market sussed out!

• Like 1

It varies.

Generally

Regional Distributors (PCC/H&F/ etc) set a RRP in most markets. On most non Regional Release lines it doesn't have to be followed.

A distributor can look after mulitple markets. Subject to taxes, country laws, etc, RRP will be different in those markets.

• Like 1

Very interesting 2014 releases.. Excited about the PLs, the Partagas E1, and Upmann 2 GR. Nice lineup!

For everybody out there, this is an Upmann RESERVA. Not a Gran Reserva. There is a difference, and I would be shocked if they were readily available before Feb. 2015...

• Like 1

I'd be shocked if i didn't taste like **** like the Monte No. 2 GR.

i have not smoked any reservas, but agree the monte 2 gr was not so great...maybe not "****" but not any better than a regular 2 with a few years on it.

the reservas have generally received pretty good reviews though.

• Like 1

yay for seeing des dieux 50 cabs again 2thumbs.gif

thats what im talking about.

such a good smoke with some age. glad to see i can stock up on em with only one cab and not multiple boxes. there is something about opening a cab of one of your tried and true smokes.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, our favorite photoshopped cigar pic guys have released some pics of the new stuff.

Soon, they'll put a band on a nub, charge us double D4 price, and call it a D10...

post-13208-13931269022629.jpg

If these were scaled down by 25%, they'd be great!

post-13208-13931269420482.jpg

I do love the presentation though.

post-13208-13931269638279.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. I saw a pic of the 2014 EL cohiba robusto supremo on instagram. seems like it will be with the new cohiba band and the 2014 EL second band if the picture is correct.

Should be an interesting year for new purchases.....

What tag is that under? I've been looking for a pic of these as well as others on the net..