4th annual FOH fantasy football league - forming now

Football time is coming again, and it's time to set up our Friends of Habanos fantasy football league again. Tom MacDowall (tmac77) was our winner last year. I plan on being our winner this year :)

Anyone who would be interested in playing fantasy football with us is welcome. If you're interested, just respond to this thread, or send me a PM if you'd prefer. Here's the basics:

$100 buy-in. Money is handled by LeagueSafe, which is an escrow service for fantasy games and pools, etc. The league itself is hosted on ESPN.com. Draft will be a live online draft, and we will find a time and date that works for everyone once we have established who's in the league. Prizes are distributed from LeagueSafe in cash, but winners should use their winnings to buy cigars from our favorite cigar vendor.

never done the fantasy stuff but actually just signed in to the forum to see if we were doing the tipping comp.

but while here, GO SKINS.

my tip for the year is skins to win the NFC east, go close but not quite (though i hope i am undershooting here). and then win the lot next year, if knees allow.

HTTR!

Looks like we've got 12, but i have yet to hear back from one of the guys that played last year, so it might be at 11 now, if he doesn't play. I'd like to have 14 or 16 ideally. Last year we had 8, and it was too few. Year before we had 10, which was better. Definitely some slots left for anyone who still wants to join us.

Looks like we've got 12, but i have yet to hear back from one of the guys that played last year, so it might be at 11 now, if he doesn't play. I'd like to have 14 or 16 ideally. Last year we had 8, and it was too few. Year before we had 10, which was better. Definitely some slots left for anyone who still wants to join us.

Sounds good! Do you need my email address now? And just let me know when/how to transfer funds - I don't think there would be any issue with a transfer from Australia..

Alastair do you have espn television coverage?? You're gonna need it, heheheh they actually have professional fantasy football commentators, it's amazing and silly at the same time....

Alastair do you have espn television coverage?? You're gonna need it, heheheh they actually have professional fantasy football commentators, it's amazing and silly at the same time....

My intuition will have to serve me well enough lol3.gif In Australia we get 3 free to air live NFL games with the American commentary teams (Nantz and Simms etc) on a Monday morning, at around 3am till 11am. If you have Foxtel (cable) you can watch games on ESPN. I do know enough to hold my own in this league though... I hope

I think that all the "fantasy news" that ESPN does (I know that phrase sounds ridiculous) is also available on their website. Also I think the best sources for info are websites now anyway.

Stan, do you do fantasy football? Any chance of getting you in the league?