Victoria BC places to smoke

Like many places my home city is NOT a cigar friendly place. No smoking in Bars, and ironically no smoking in cigar stores. Recently there was a vote 12-11 against banning smoking in public parks and beaches. Too close for comfort. Our city is a great place to visit but to enjoy a cigar legally you have to do so either at home or at the beach. The good news is we are an island and not heavily populated except for the city area.

Ah yes we have Cuban cigars but with our taxes they are out of the reach of allot of regular smokers.

Well generally no one does but here there is no smoking in bars or patios. No smoking within 3 meters of a window which really kills apartment balcony smoking although this is ignored for the most part. They tried to vote in no smoking in CRD parks and beaches which would also be impossible to enforce properly. With the high taxes B&M have to charge here I am not sure how they stay in business. I guess they get US folks visiting who fork out the high prices. Don't get me wrong despite this I love Victoria and always say I will not leave here willingly except for 6 months when I retire each year :}