Affleck as Batman?

Lanejsl

Is anyone else as disappointed as I am to see Ben Affleck casted as the new Batman? Way to ruin a franchise.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree, Affleck is a disappointment, would rather see Adam West

HORRIBLE DECISION, even though everybody was in an uproar when Heath Ledger was picked, that turned out ok, but this will blow up in their faces!

Picture of Aquaman from the upcoming Batman vs Superman movie released today.

Read somewhere Bale was offered 50 Mil and passed, and wasn't really interested at all unless Nolan was the director shead.gif Affleck even though a good actor has very big shoes to fill.

He will have to create a Batman that blows everyone out of the water.

Bale brought a raw aggressive edge to the character like Craig did with Bond. It will be interesting to see if Affleck sinks or swims, the twitters from what I have read have not been very supportive, he will be feeling the heat atm.

He has big shoes to fill, but who knows, he might be great. People complained when Daniel Craig was first announced as the new James Bond and he's done a fine job. When Bale was announced as the new Batman years ago you didn't hear anyone praise or curse the choice because no one gave a **** about Batman at that point. The only reason people are complaining is because Nolan and Bale breathed new life into the franchise. I never thought anyone would portray a joker better than Nicholson, but Ledger's Joker blew it's predecessor out the water. So let's wait and see before we write this Batman off, and remember it's a Superman movie, Affleck will be a "side" character.

*edit*

I see I'm pretty much repeating sharks' sentiment.

HORRIBLE DECISION, even though everybody was in an uproar when Heath Ledger was picked, that turned out ok, but this will blow up in their faces!

tumblr_ms34f5KeF81rxueqqo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

oobviCG.jpg

Is it really a big deal? It's a movie, its not like he going to fight the Syrians or something. Some people need to focus on more important issues than a movie.

Personally though i'm sure he'll do fine. I bet he's going to kick ass and then all the keyboard warriors can go back to their parents basements.

A few years ago, I would've been pretty disappointed too. Yet his work in the town and Argo have turned my opinion on his talent. Great films. Not saying i think it's a great choice, but I have enough reason to reserve judgement for now.

Ledger is a great example. People lost their minds at his casting at first, yet he delivered one of the most iconic cinema villains in recent memory.

Didn't really enjoy Man of Steel anyway so my expectations are not sky high to begin with. Happy to wait and see

Is it really a big deal? It's a movie, its not like he going to fight the Syrians or something. Some people need to focus on more important issues than a movie.

Personally though i'm sure he'll do fine. I bet he's going to kick ass and then all the keyboard warriors can go back to their parents basements.

I have a friend, we all call him batman..and it is a big deal Mus.Love your post mate.

Like Batman, at least he is experienced with living in the shadows..............especially Matt Damon's!

rotfl.gif

Bale was and is the best Batman to date so yea, I am pissed! I read somewhere that Bale isn't the first or last Batman and that Afleck will open a new franchise. I don't know about that, time will tell.

I agree. Bale thus far has been the best in the franchise and moreso, the best Bruce Wayne and Batman, Bruce Wayne moreso.

I am not completely sold on Affleck, didn't anyone watch Daredevil?

I read that Affleck may have already signed up for future Batman flicks also involving Justice League.

As much as I loved bale, I am really dissapointed he passed on this movie and is rather greedy. Up until now, Robert Downey Junior was the highest paid actor with $50 Million, apparently bale was offered $55 Million to reprise the role and he passed on it. Sure, money is important but I would have imagined he should have felt compelled to play Batman once again to do the role Justice.

I really hope Affleck doesn't end up as the new George Clooney Batman.