Affleck as Batman?

Lanejsl

He has big shoes to fill, but who knows, he might be great. People complained when Daniel Craig was first announced as the new James Bond and he's done a fine job.

that would be my first thought. to be honest, i don't really care either way but daniel craig surpassed all expectations. he was originally dubbed james bland.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree, Affleck is a disappointment, would rather see Adam West

HORRIBLE DECISION, even though everybody was in an uproar when Heath Ledger was picked, that turned out ok, but this will blow up in their faces!

Picture of Aquaman from the upcoming Batman vs Superman movie released today.

I didn't read the news on this but isn't the fact that bale turned down 55 mil mean that money is NOT the issue? The role is?

Or did he say that 55 is not enough. Coz for some it really isn't...

I think his main concern was Chirstopher Nola wasnt writting and directing it

Considering it was Nolans vision that re-started the Batman franchise i think we could have bigger things to worry about than who is wearing the cowl...

Umm you might want to get out of the movie and review forum buddy.

Also, Batman can kick Syria's ass.

Is it really a big deal? It's a movie, its not like he going to fight the Syrians or something. Some people need to focus on more important issues than a movie.

Personally though i'm sure he'll do fine. I bet he's going to kick ass and then all the keyboard warriors can go back to their parents basements.

1185458_570515832995178_2049905095_n.jpg

'nuff said.

YES~!!

that would be my first thought. to be honest, i don't really care either way but daniel craig surpassed all expectations. he was originally dubbed james bland.

Hard to say it but Ken's right! ;)

I was one of those Nay sayers to Daniel Craig and now he's my favourite Bond.

Affleck has alot to live up to, hope I'm proven wrong again. :)

Hard to say it but Ken's right! wink.png

Affleck has alot to live up to, hope I'm proven wrong again. smile.png

Nope. no.gif Still hate him.

Hard to say it but Ken's right! ;)

Affleck has alot to live up to, hope I'm proven wrong again. :)

Don't you dare bring Danny Craig and James Bond into this discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How dare you?

I said good day......

Don't you dare bring Danny Craig and James Bond into this discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How dare you?

I said good day......

...biggrin.png Ok, ok, ok.... We'll stick with the Tom Selleck looking Batman wink.pnghuh.pngbiggrin.png

1185458_570515832995178_2049905095_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ben Affleck Reads Comments About Batman Casting, Learns Not to Read Comments

“Don’t read the comments” has become something of an internet truism, advice typically given by friends and loved ones (and occasionally, blogs and Twitter accounts). But according to Affleck, it was advice he received from Warner Bros after he was cast as Batman — and unwisely ignored.

Ben Affleck thought that he could handle the internet’s response to the news that he had been named the new Dark Knight. Ben Affleck was very, very wrong.

Appearing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon last night, Affleck talked about what happened after he signed on to play the Caped Crusader in 2015′s follow-up to Man of Steel. According to the actor, the studio warned him about the potential for internet backlash to his casting as the iconic superhero.

“They said, ‘Listen, we want to talk to you. People go through this process and it can be trying. We want to show you some of the reactions that past people who’ve been cast have gotten on the internet.’ So they send me [examples of] people who were in these movies who did a great job. These [comments] were like, ‘Kill him!’ And he was amazing! You can’t say that before the movie comes out. It doesn’t matter what people think then; it matters what you think when you see the movie, obviously.”

Warner Bros staff went a step further, advising Affleck to unplug around the time of his announcement. “They said, ‘Just don’t use the internet for a few days,’ but I handle ****,” Affleck said, adding that his mindset at the time was that “I can handle any snub. I can handle anything.” Or so he thought. When the online backlash against his casting began, Affleck unwisely decided to scroll down on an article announcing the news to the comment section. “I looked at the first comment and it says ‘NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!’ And I was done! We’re going to be Luddites for a while.”

Although Affleck hasn’t completely unplugged — his Twitter account has been active since the casting announcement — it’s more interesting that Warner Bros felt the need to warn even a veteran performer like Affleck to stay off the internet after he took on the role. Yes, he played a leading superhero before in 2003′s Daredevil, but stepping into the shoes of the Caped Crusader is a whole other ballgame. Batman is one of the most well-known superheroes in the world — the most popular on YouTube, at least — an role that comes with far more intense fan expectations than Marvel’s comparably cult-favorite blind attorney-turned-vigilante.

Also, the size of the superhero movie audience has grown exponentially in the decade-plus separating the two roles, as have online reactions to casting decisions and announcements. Add that vocal sense of fan entitlement to a decision as high-profile as the (re)casting of the Dark Knight for the character’s first big-screen meeting with Superman in his 75-year history, and the advice to take a step back from the internet when you step into the Batman suit starts to look downright sensible — even for experienced actors who think they can “handle anything.”

• 1 month later...

**** Grayson to be included in Batman VS SUperman?

batman_vs_superman989181213.jpg?format=1000w

Our friends at Latino-Revie whave dropped pretty big scoop regarding Zack Snyder's highly anticipated Batman Vs. Superman film. Their source tells them that **** Grayson, a.k.a. Robin/Nightwing, will be making an appearance in the film, and that the studio is looking for a young John Hawkes-type actor to play him, which is an interesting choice, but one that could prove to be awesome.

Latino-Review has some incredibly solid sources in the industry, but you can expect Snyder and his team to deny this news up and down. Just remember... the director also denied that Zod was going to be in Man of Steelfor a very long time. So don't expect him to confirm it anytime soon.

The video below will give you a few more details on the character and what we might expect. Treat it as a rumor for now, but if this bit of news does actually end up happening, what do you think of Grayson being a part of the universe Snyder is creating?

Personally I think it makes sense, and there's a good chance Snyder will actually make the character a badass for the big screen. It will definitely be interesting to see how exactly they'll implement the character, if that's what the plan is.

Batman vs. Superman was written by David Goyer and, as of right now, stars Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams, and Laurence Fishburne. It's set to open on July 17th, 2015.

• 1 month later...

I was shocked when I heard the news. Sad but I kinda enjoy Affleck but no way as Batman! I love the last few movies but will not waste my time seeing it with him starring. Maybe when it hits cable one late night.

The more i've assessed the situation of Affleck being Batman, I've started watching his movies more. Right now as I post this, I'm watching Paycheck, not a bad movie and i recently watched Argo, was a really top movie and showed he has acting abilities. I'm unsure but I seriously think NOW, he probably could pull it off.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this yesterday and if you've got 45min, its a pretty good listen

It in no way gives a genuine reason why Affleck would make a good Batman but its still kinda cool to hear Kevin Smith defending his friend considering he's such a massive fan of Batman to start with

Worth checking out, an its free to download

http://smodcast.com/episodes/batfleck-begins-and-burtons-batman/

• 3 months later...

Great! As long as it keeps the dark and somber theme, i think it will do alright. As the huge logo on his chest and the small ears suggest it is based on Millers "The Dark Knight returns", so i think it will be fine. Also i think Affleck is a good actor, so he will most probably pull this off.

That new photo is excellent. Love the look of the new batsuit.

Yes, I'm loving the first picture. Look closely at the chest, classic old Batman Symbol.

Here's The Official Logo For The New Batman V Superman Dawn Of Justice

pifw0hfpwmltgk1cj1re.jpg

Here's the official logo for the new Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice

The new Batman v. Superman movie is called Dawn of Justice and here is the official logo. The title is obviously playing upon the announced Justice League movie follow-up, so we can assume that the initial brawl between the two characters will end (fairly) well.

Principal photography is already underway. It’s interesting to see where they are going to shoot:

Principal photography will take place on location at Michigan Motion Picture Studios and on location in and around Detroit, Michigan; Illinois; Africa; and the South Pacific.

The movie is set to open worldwide on 6 May 2016.

• 8 months later...

Picture of Aquaman from the upcoming Batman vs Superman movie released today.

10377151_639603469516705_475734315285776

• Like 1