Revealing Blind Cigar Number 3

This months Piramide proved to be tough!

I think he results here prove that there are more similarities than differences when it comes to the regular production Piramide format......and yet some nailed it. More impressively....famous has three out of three clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Well done gentlemen...well done. E-mail me your pick on number 4 by the end of this month!

Cigar Number 3: Vegas Robaina Unicos: USE FEB 13

post-4-0-44977800-1378445832_thumb.png

Congrats for those who picked correctly! Especially Famous...wow.

Im feeling a little sheepish, as Im a big fan of the Unicos generally but never did consider it for cigar#3 (though Ive never had a Unicos with less than 1 year on it..if this counts for anything). Roll on cigar 4!

LOL. WOW!!!

Completely screwed that one up. I mentioned it to Rob too - the one piramide I've never even smoked much less have any boxes of are the VR Unicos. But the flavours and such of this, and yes, the colour and appearance too, just seemed to scream out H. Upmann No. 2 to me. And, like I said to him, I knew it wasn't any of the others for sure, but best guess was it being an Upmann, 'cause I haven't had the VR's yet. And my luck went down the toilet again.

LOL. Oh well...so much for trying to regain the crown! LOL.

Congrats to those that got it right, especially Famous for continuing the streak! :perfect10:

Well done lads. On to the next one! :party:

incredible how light the cigar is in youth - or maybe just the 13s.

well done to those who got it and especially famous for the 3 for 3

Thanks guys.For me this cigar was the best of the 3 so far and one of the best I have smoked this year (if this was a PE standard I can only imagine how good the HQ/PSP would be).

The tasting notes that I got were of pure chocolate - it was a journey between the three chocolates: milk, white and dark. A constant evolution between the thirds. Truly enjoyable cigar.

What helped me get to my final decision was the fact that it really reminded me of the VR Maestro I love so much. No doubt they share the same DNA.

Anyway, this is a lot of fun.

Cheers guys.

Amos

I'm in the category of surprise but not so much that I got it wrong, but very surprised that it was a VR. I'm disappointed I got this one wrong because I have examples of every current Piramide in my humidor. This cigar I had was very light well under medium. VR are typically well into full in my experience.

Alright. Now I'm pissed. tantrum.giftantrum.gif I've smoked a good share of VR Unicos. They're all coffee and chocolate to me. I had this one pegged at either an HU2 or Dip2 as they had more of a floral, baking spice profile throughout. I chose Dip2 BTW. While I enjoyed the cigar thoroughly I would have never guessed Unicos. Three wrong guesses in a row for me. sad.png Batting .000 I'm rooting for famous going forward. As for me, I need more "practice". wink.png

Congrats Famous!!

yeah, i'm bummed i got it wrong but actually glad that i didn't get it right! because the cigar I smoked was pale, very young, with hints of cream and cinammon and absolutely nothing that told me to consider it a VR.... i chose Diplo no.2 because it LOOKED like one (but I've never smoked one before) and am pretty relieved that's not what they taste like....

on to the next one and the pressure is on FAMOUS to keep the streak alive!! you gotta do it, otherwise, we could end up with 10 people who have to split up the prize, heheheheh!

Alright. Now I'm pissed. tantrum.giftantrum.gif I've smoked a good share of VR Unicos. They're all coffee and chocolate to me. I had this one pegged at either an HU2 or Dip2 as they had more of a floral, baking spice profile throughout. I chose Dip2 BTW. While I enjoyed the cigar thoroughly I would have never guessed Unicos. Three wrong guesses in a row for me. sad.png Batting .000 I'm rooting for famous going forward. As for me, I need more "practice". wink.png

I agree with Frank, unicos are all coffee and chocolate for me as well, reason why i enjoy them alot. Mine was all spice and pepper...

Good job Famous!

Oh wait, I thought I was supposed to guess which one it wasn't! Damn, thought I was doing good too.

But in the end it sure looks like many of us "experts" can't tell the difference between brands. Honestly, my feeling is that it says more about the blending of the cigars than us not being able to identify them.

Bund, I'm with ou on this one...congrats famous and thanks Rob or he fun...

Yikes! I'm very surprised I got it right, it was seriously just a shot in the dark. I smoked ONE unicos before previously and thought this reminded me of that cigar. Strange how the one cigar I was positive about turns out to be something else and the other 2 guesses turns out to be the right cigar.

Congrats famous for leading the contest!