JayJay

What's your latest CC purchase?

16 minutes ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

John,
Where are these noted as discontinued? I hadn't seen that.

The discontinuation list came from the German, Austrian and Polish Distributor, 5th Avenue...

FB_IMG_1558071317007.jpg.3d5d97e6789874d3492819b4b74e9f62.thumb.jpg.946894fc7573e700efc0e38d7d034467.jpg

The cigars discontinued are the Bolivar Tubos No. 3, H. Upmann Coronas Minor A/T, La Flor de Cano Selectos, Por Larranaga Panetelas, Quintero Nacionales and Sancho Panza Non Plus. Partagas Maduro No. 1 LCDH+HS is moving to regular production, with the new Partagas Maduro No.2 and No.3 releases.

In regards to the Sancho Panza Non Plus, these have never been a big seller. Unlike say, the Bolivar Coronas Gigantes, when that was announced for deletion in 2017 and soon unavailable within a month or two, I envisage the SP Non Plus to be available for at least six to twelve months (if not longer). From what I've seen the last boxes have all had box codes from the first half of 2018.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

The discontinuation list came from the German, Austrian and Polish Distributor, 5th Avenue...

The cigars discontinued are the Bolivar Tubos No. 3, H. Upmann Coronas Minor A/T, La Flor de Cano Selectos, Por Larranaga Panetelas, Quintero Nacionales and Sancho Panza Non Plus. Partagas Maduro No. 1 LCDH+HS is moving to regular production, with the new Partagas Maduro No.2 and No.3 releases.

In regards to the Sancho Panza Non Plus, these have never been a big seller. Unlike say, the Bolivar Coronas Gigantes, when that was announced for deletion in 2017 and soon unavailable within a month or two, I envisage the SP Non Plus to be available for at least six to twelve months (if not longer). From what I've seen the last boxes have all had box codes from the first half of 2018.

That’s a bummer. Upmann corona minor tubo is the first cuban cigar I smoked...think we got 3 of them (my brother and I). This was in 1993 or 94. Cigars weren’t very pretty but were flavor bombs. I was hooked. Completely different flavor profile from the Fuentes, Ashtons, etc I was smoking at the time. Been hunting since.

gonna miss those boli tubos too.

5 hours ago, JohnS said:

FB_IMG_1558071317007.jpg.3d5d97e6789874d3492819b4b74e9f62.thumb.jpg.946894fc7573e700efc0e38d7d034467.jpg

Currently going deep on PL Pantys & SPNPs...

41 minutes ago, Jbhunter223 said:

Don’t see these too often, but they’re a personal favorite so I jumped on them. 

972C9661-FA89-477F-A786-6B0D0D966C8B.jpeg

C2DE71D6-415D-4FE5-9516-20985DE0AD06.jpeg

C0B419D7-A616-404B-9CF9-06B3830CD604.jpeg

Wow!!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, irratebass said:

Wow!!!

I’ve spent way too much on cigars the last two months!  So I figured I’d end with a bang lol.  Really need to take a break from buying now. 

• Like 1

These look and smell great. Does any know what the "TC" marking on the bottom of the box means?
2FDXmYTRSfqUKF5DS2Um7A.thumb.jpg.00df2977e4caaa8e6824bf462f647e40.jpg
Xz4P25bvQ5O6fXxdul7Nlg.thumb.jpg.709c2a814c709683d875ee4b95c4a7ba.jpg
1764519971_WKjjopRTauaKpLawAg4tA.thumb.jpg.a8260ae7de7cb0f58f50222ef6382b8d.jpg

Tripo Corta - shortfiller
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lotusguy said:

Tripo Corta - shortfiller

I thought these changed to long filler a few years back?  Maybe I just dreamed that lol

2 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

I thought these changed to long filler a few years back?  Maybe I just dreamed that lol

I’m not a big PL guy, so don’t quote me, but they all became tripa larga except the panatelas. 

Short filler doesn’t necessarily take away anything.  My favorite cheap and cheerful is LFDC Selectos.

No, they changed to hand rolled from machine rolled. Have always been short filler.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

I’m not a big PL guy, so don’t quote me, but they all became tripa larga except the panatelas. 

Short filler doesn’t necessarily take away anything.  My favorite cheap and cheerful is LFDC Selectos.

Good tobacco is good tobacco...even the off-cuts, no? I've smoked enough Cohiba Shorts in the last year to 100% concur with your statement and my box of PL Panatelas a few years back was just as 'caramel' as my Montecarlos smokes have been lately.

I'd suggest you buy up on those La Flor de Cano Selectos, they've been listed as discontinued in 2019. Check out the 5th Avenue list image within this thread.

18 hours ago, Jonboy4074 said:

No, they changed to hand rolled from machine rolled. Have always been short filler.

Yes, that's correct.

Word, thanks for all the clarification guys! 

At $60 a box, the Pantys are a no-brainer. Going deep while I can still find them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ohbob976 said:

hope they have some life left in them 🤷‍♂️

You'll be surprised, super old tubos marry the best of vintage mellow flavour, but retain their nicotine zing.   Make sure you do a review.  Congratulations.

Claro Claro on the bottom?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 99call said:

You'll be surprised, super old tubos marry the best of vintage mellow flavour, but retain their nicotine zing.   Make sure you do a review.  Congratulations.

Claro Claro on the bottom?

Actually just smoked one. Couldn’t wait. Was shocked how flavorful and powerful they were, you’re absolutely right about the nicotine. Was taken aback by the nicotine rush I was getting. 
flavor profile reminded me more of Ramon or RyJ. Had a cherry/fruit complexity going for it. Didn’t totally blow me away or anything but was a really nice smoke. 
not sure about Claro claro I’ll check later. Would that be the color of the wrapper? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jbhunter223 said:

The last box I’ve been waiting on. Love the Du prince, figured it was about time I tried these. 

16B51649-A07D-40DB-90F0-194E4F23CEED.jpeg

106366DD-2C0C-414D-9101-D8AEF077B151.jpeg

Report back, I'm a Hoyo whore, and these have always interested me because just a slight bit bigger than my beloved Prince, just haven't pulled the trigger on em yet. 

28 minutes ago, irratebass said:

Report back, I'm a Hoyo whore, and these have always interested me because just a slight bit bigger than my beloved Prince, just haven't pulled the trigger on em yet. 

Will do Mickey!   I couldn’t find any good comparisons between the two so i figured I’d buy some and compare myself. 

• Like 1