JayJay

What's your latest CC purchase?

34 minutes ago, Jbhunter223 said:

Will do Mickey!   I couldn’t find any good comparisons between the two so i figured I’d buy some and compare myself. 

Yeah, I've been watching them and just waiting for a sale then bam jumping on em 

Report back, I'm a Hoyo *****, and these have always interested me because just a slight bit bigger than my beloved Prince, just haven't pulled the trigger on em yet. 
They are smaller than prince.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prodigy said:

They are smaller than prince.

Whaaaaaat?????? Smaller? I always thought they were a tad bigger

Whaaaaaat?????? Smaller? I always thought they were a tad bigger

Prince: 40ga x 5.12"

Depute: 38ga x 4.4"

I just put one of each into the box pass. I instantly knew the answer because I had to look up which one was which when I went to make labels for them haha. Both are good, I wish I had been around when the prince were still available.

7 minutes ago, Tstew75 said:

Trini Gold

Topes?

1 minute ago, VRATJV07 said:

Topes?

Vigia

Just now, Tstew75 said:

Vigia

Beautiful looking sticks from El Laguito. Enjoy my friend!

• Thanks 1

33C3A2EF-B083-4EA6-AFA0-C5D386F10E6A.thumb.jpeg.645685cce6dd4a58770efc3c25d1273e.jpeg
pre embargo corona major tubos. 

hope they have some life left in them

Man, beautiful looking tubos

40 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

These bounced around the mail system in Europe for over a month but finally got here. Oh yeah!

da68a9c2ae86074f5831398d353bcccc.jpg
ec0f70b9541cb458ba21d1bd15f7f68e.jpgb035c7f6e876475f230f451e30677a93.jpg

Wow!!! How old are these 90s? 80s?

• Like 1

Wow!!! How old are these 90s? 80s?

June 1998. I’ve been looking for a cab of these for a while and it took some major trading action to make this happen.

1 minute ago, Lotusguy said:

June 1998. I’ve been looking for a cab of these for a while and it took some major trading action to make this happen.

I'd love to see pics of your collection one day. You have some amazing vintage cigars! :)

On 10/7/2019 at 4:40 PM, ohbob976 said:

33C3A2EF-B083-4EA6-AFA0-C5D386F10E6A.thumb.jpeg.645685cce6dd4a58770efc3c25d1273e.jpeg

pre embargo corona major tubos. 

hope they have some life left in them 🤷‍♂️

Beautiful do you know what year?

1 minute ago, teamrandr said:

Beautiful do you know what year?

Not exactly. I think these tape sealed tubos were from the 40s or 50s

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I was happy to come home this morning to find some aged Montecristos arrived from Australia yesterday.  The aroma, from both boxes, but especially the #2s, is spectacular.

Looks like you did ok there...

44 minutes ago, RDB said:

Looks like you did ok there...

We’ll see.  I am very happy with the quality and aroma on these.  In recent years, I haven’t been thrilled with the aged stock I have bought.  And I have to clarify that by saying, it is not that I dislike the aged cigars that I bought.  It is just that I have found that the premium I have paid is not worth the difference in flavor to me.  

But this case is different.  The premium I paid on these aged cigars has been so reasonable, that even if I don't taste much difference, I dont consider it a loss.

***Edit to say you are 100% right @RDB.  I am smoking one of the Monte 2s now, and I definitely did ”OK”.  Much better than “OK” actually.  😁  This is a beautiful cigar, in every way.  

2 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

We’ll see.  I am very happy with the quality and aroma on these.  In recent years, I haven’t been thrilled with the aged stock I have bought.  And I have to clarify that by saying, it is not that I dislike the aged cigars that I bought.  It is just that I have found that the premium I have paid is not worth the difference in flavor to me.  

But this case is different.  The premium I paid on these aged cigars has been so reasonable, that even if I don't taste much difference, I dont consider it a loss.

***Edit to say you are 100% right @RDB.  I am smoking one of the Monte 2s now, and I definitely did ”OK”.  Much better than “OK” actually.  😁  This is a beautiful cigar, in every way.  

Nice!  I was regretting only getting a 1/4 box on those aged 2s.  You now have confirmed my fate.  🤦🏼‍♂️ 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2013 at 8:51 PM, Hubba said:

Lanceros and RA Superiores.

post-9912-0-70216900-1378497038_thumb.jp

post-9912-0-38343800-1378497061_thumb.jp

My God those Superiores are glorious. Will be grabbing another two boxes next week.

12 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Great to hear. Thanks for sharing that. I’m glad I picked up a box