JayJay

What's your latest CC purchase?

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Jbhunter223 said:

 

Will do Mickey!   I couldn’t find any good comparisons between the two so i figured I’d buy some and compare myself. 

Yeah, I've been watching them and just waiting for a sale then bam jumping on em 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Report back, I'm a Hoyo *****, and these have always interested me because just a slight bit bigger than my beloved Prince, just haven't pulled the trigger on em yet. 
They are smaller than prince.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, prodigy said:

They are smaller than prince.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

Whaaaaaat?????? Smaller? I always thought they were a tad bigger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whaaaaaat?????? Smaller? I always thought they were a tad bigger

Prince: 40ga x 5.12"

Depute: 38ga x 4.4"

 

I just put one of each into the box pass. I instantly knew the answer because I had to look up which one was which when I went to make labels for them haha. Both are good, I wish I had been around when the prince were still available.

 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tstew75 said:

Trini Gold

Topes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VRATJV07 said:

Topes?

Vigia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tstew75 said:

Vigia

Beautiful looking sticks from El Laguito. Enjoy my friend!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33C3A2EF-B083-4EA6-AFA0-C5D386F10E6A.thumb.jpeg.645685cce6dd4a58770efc3c25d1273e.jpeg
pre embargo corona major tubos. 
 
hope they have some life left in them

Man, beautiful looking tubos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

These bounced around the mail system in Europe for over a month but finally got here. Oh yeah!

da68a9c2ae86074f5831398d353bcccc.jpg
ec0f70b9541cb458ba21d1bd15f7f68e.jpgb035c7f6e876475f230f451e30677a93.jpg

Wow!!! How old are these 90s? 80s?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wow!!! How old are these 90s? 80s?

June 1998. I’ve been looking for a cab of these for a while and it took some major trading action to make this happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lotusguy said:


June 1998. I’ve been looking for a cab of these for a while and it took some major trading action to make this happen.

I'd love to see pics of your collection one day. You have some amazing vintage cigars! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 4:40 PM, ohbob976 said:

33C3A2EF-B083-4EA6-AFA0-C5D386F10E6A.thumb.jpeg.645685cce6dd4a58770efc3c25d1273e.jpeg

pre embargo corona major tubos. 
 

hope they have some life left in them 🤷‍♂️

Beautiful do you know what year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, teamrandr said:

Beautiful do you know what year?

Not exactly. I think these tape sealed tubos were from the 40s or 50s

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I was happy to come home this morning to find some aged Montecristos arrived from Australia yesterday.  The aroma, from both boxes, but especially the #2s, is spectacular.

Looks like you did ok there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RDB said:

Looks like you did ok there...

We’ll see.  I am very happy with the quality and aroma on these.  In recent years, I haven’t been thrilled with the aged stock I have bought.  And I have to clarify that by saying, it is not that I dislike the aged cigars that I bought.  It is just that I have found that the premium I have paid is not worth the difference in flavor to me.  

But this case is different.  The premium I paid on these aged cigars has been so reasonable, that even if I don't taste much difference, I dont consider it a loss.

***Edit to say you are 100% right @RDB.  I am smoking one of the Monte 2s now, and I definitely did ”OK”.  Much better than “OK” actually.  😁  This is a beautiful cigar, in every way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

We’ll see.  I am very happy with the quality and aroma on these.  In recent years, I haven’t been thrilled with the aged stock I have bought.  And I have to clarify that by saying, it is not that I dislike the aged cigars that I bought.  It is just that I have found that the premium I have paid is not worth the difference in flavor to me.  

But this case is different.  The premium I paid on these aged cigars has been so reasonable, that even if I don't taste much difference, I dont consider it a loss.

***Edit to say you are 100% right @RDB.  I am smoking one of the Monte 2s now, and I definitely did ”OK”.  Much better than “OK” actually.  😁  This is a beautiful cigar, in every way.  

Nice!  I was regretting only getting a 1/4 box on those aged 2s.  You now have confirmed my fate.  🤦🏼‍♂️ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2013 at 8:51 PM, Hubba said:

Lanceros and RA Superiores.

post-9912-0-70216900-1378497038_thumb.jp

post-9912-0-38343800-1378497061_thumb.jp

My God those Superiores are glorious. Will be grabbing another two boxes next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

We’ll see.  I am very happy with the quality and aroma on these.  In recent years, I haven’t been thrilled with the aged stock I have bought.  And I have to clarify that by saying, it is not that I dislike the aged cigars that I bought.  It is just that I have found that the premium I have paid is not worth the difference in flavor to me.  

But this case is different.  The premium I paid on these aged cigars has been so reasonable, that even if I don't taste much difference, I dont consider it a loss.

***Edit to say you are 100% right @RDB.  I am smoking one of the Monte 2s now, and I definitely did ”OK”.  Much better than “OK” actually.  😁  This is a beautiful cigar, in every way.  

Great to hear. Thanks for sharing that. I’m glad I picked up a box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.