H.Upmann - Connoisseur No.1

What do you guys think of Conni No. 1?

I haven't tried anything much from the H. Upmann line other than Royal Robustos which I like very much.

Connie 1 is a good size, but I was wondering how similar it is to the RR?

Is RR a good representation of the H.Upmann line? and Connie would taste similar?

thanks

Since '09 the ones I have smoked have been very good.I have a box from '09,'10,'11,'12,and they are all spot on.

The '10s went dull for a few months,but bounced back.

I would not hesitate to get some '13s,every '13 I have tried so far has been good.[Jan,Feb,Mar]

My god. Smithy turned me, the forum really (check the video reviews) onto the Connie 1 a couple years back and it's been am all time favorite since then. 2 HQ box rule in my humidor

Yep agreed. Although i did try as a robusto sampler first and really enjoyed it. And then smithy's review made me commit to a box enjoyed it fresh and i just had it recently its probably with 3-4 years of age magnificent. I've got a HQ box on the way, this probably only second to RASS for the robusto size for me.

Upmann, like the other global brands, have different sub-blends, IMO. The Magnum line is very different from the Connoisseur. They embody different characteristics of an "Upmann."

The Royal Robusto brings that raw power you find in Magnum, mostly the 46. It's a young release however, so I can't bare to comment on what else it may embody. The Connoisseur is a thing of its own; I'd say the closest thing to it so far in the marca is the Half Corona. That said, I have raved about the 2011 C#1s for a while.

H.Upmann is one of my favourite marcas, especially the Sir Winston and the 2007 Travel Humidor Robusto.

I smoked my first Royal Robusto recently and found it to be excellent, but not typical H.Upmann in my opinion. I found the Royal Robusto fuller in body and different in flavour than most other H.Upmann's I've had.

I think the Connie 1 is good, and reasonably typical of the H.Upmann profile. I don't think it's similar at all to the Royal Robusto.

I'm interested to hear other's opinions on this.

H Upman Connie 1 is on of my favorite cigar out there. I can't compare it to the royal Robusto because I haven't had it, but the connoisseur number one is one of the most consistent cigars available today, in my opinion. I find that flavor wise it has a lot of flavor but not a lot of power if that makes any sense.

For some reason it doesn't seem to be very common cigar with which works just perfectly for me :-)

Enjoy!!

• 2 months later...

H.Upmann is one of my favourite marcas, especially the Sir Winston and the 2007 Travel Humidor Robusto.

I smoked my first Royal Robusto recently and found it to be excellent, but not typical H.Upmann in my opinion. I found the Royal Robusto fuller in body and different in flavour than most other H.Upmann's I've had.

I think the Connie 1 is good, and reasonably typical of the H.Upmann profile. I don't think it's similar at all to the Royal Robusto.

I'm interested to hear other's opinions on this.

agree the RR is different,but they ARE young.also the ring guage is pretty big.deeper flavors and young tobacco sweetness.

have had Connie 1s from claro to colorado,all are excellent,and portray the Upmann profile,leather,oak leaf,caramel,spice.

generally the Connie 1 is the largest ring size I smoke from Upmann,I have some of the smaller sizes in my rotation.