Padron 6000 Nicaraguan Mini Torpedo

JHands

This was my first Nicaraguan cigar and I must say, it was quite exhilarating.

I went to a cigar bar with a BOTL I met on the forums that is local to me. I walked into the humi and asked for no advice. I started looking at sticks and the padron area caught my attention. They just had a look about them. I decided to go "bottom shelf" of the padrons and snagged a 6000. Cost me 7 bucks. It should be noted that I pulled this from a recent production box. Out of the 20 or so sticks remaining, they all looked good except for two. The two that didnt look good had minor cracks near the foot. With those odds, I could see myself ordering a box offline with no hesitation.

The construction was perfect. The draw was perfect all the way through. No soft spots or hard spots. The burn was even all the way through with no correcting needed. Great plumes of thick white smoke for such a little cigar. The wrapper showed nice oils and sheen. I let an inch of ash hang on numerous occasions, and even at that point it required a hard tap to beeak it off. It packed a punch, and got me a little buzz in the hour I smoked it. It didnt crack me over the head, but it did get me feeling happy after a long day in the operating room.

Flavor

I'm not the most seasoned cigar smoker so I will do my best to explain the flavor. It definitely was an earthy leathery smoke. I didnt notice much flavor change until the end where it became a little peppery and spicy in the last third. There was a faint hint of something I couldn't quite figure out all the way through, almost like a little vanilla or something of that nature.

All in all, I will be buying more of these. This is a great non cuban smoke. At the price, I have no issue making this my "mandatory purchase" when I attend the cigar bars in the area for man cave getaways. Pics to follow if I can figure it out.

Padron x000 series are probably the best seller at most shops as a lot of guys rave about them especially with their modest price tag. Most NC's will have good construction but you might find that a lot of them are loose drawing in the future. They are pretty nicotine heavy which is why you probably got a buzz. The anniversaries are a step up from the x000 series but also cost twice as much, but I think you will enjoy them.

My palate isn't seasoned enough to taste the differences between an entry level padron and a higher level padron. Same with cubans, which is why I typically don't buy high end stuff. Gotta save something for retirement boys! Same with whiskey - bourbon for me. Scotch is for retirement!

So funny, I did the same thing yesterday. I met some buddies at the local B&M and picked up the same cigar for $7.35. It's the first Non-Anni Padron I have purchased. I thought I 'd give it a shot. I didn't smoke it at the B&M, that was what my VR Anni Canadian RE was for, but I think you have motivated me to try it today. I'll check back in later after I do. Great review!

You can have them,at that price I'll stick to my Cubans,plus the wrappers are better looking on the Cubans.

Easy there tiger. Nobody trying to break you away from your cuban crack habit. I'm the same way. I just tried something different and wanted to share my experience. We are all here for a common reason anyways, CC. My stock is running low so I decided to try a non cuban. Waiting on rob to answer a few questions about certain sticks he has right now then I will be placing a big order and then no more non cubans for me for a while lol

Ok, so I smoked (tried to smoke) this cigar.

It was quite literally the nastiest POS I have ever put to my lips. It was harsh and metallic. I thought I was smoking steel wool. Needless to say I put it down after 3-4 puffs. My cousin, who smokes mostly Non-Cubans, gave it a try and he couldn't stomach it either. Maybe we got a bad one, but it put me off Padron forever.

BTW, yet another Padron wind tunnel as well.

It was quite literally the nastiest POS I have ever put to my lips. It was harsh and metallic. I thought I was smoking steel wool. Needless to say I put it down after 3-4 puffs. My cousin, who smokes mostly Non-Cubans, gave it a try and he couldn't stomach it either. Maybe we got a bad one, but it put me off Padron forever.

Ahahahah Best. Review. Ever.

I like Padron, and couldn't stomach this cigar either. Harsh is an understatement. Too bad.

Perhaps by earthy he meant dirt because that's what I got when I used to smoke the 000 series.

I cut my teeth with Padrons and really loved them when starting out. They are definitely a quality product.

When I look back I realize that I enjoyed them because they were always good, even if one dimensional, and were always predictable.

Now I only purchase Cuban cigars, which are not always good, sometimes terrible, never predictable, but every now and then are sublime.

X2 - so so true. well put!!

• 4 months later...