Factory Codes?

Can someone explain the finer details of Factory Codes to me please?

I've read a few threads here over the years about how certain factories manage to be more consistant when it comes to certain Marcas but I've also read (on Trevors website) that the factory codes constantly change.

Is this the case?

If it isnt, can someone give me a list of the Factory Codes and the factory they corrispond to?

Thanks guys

I think I've read that the codes are changed frequently and are known to only a few Habanos insiders. Don't recall the reason for this. I'm sure you'll get an answer to your question, though.

Hi guys,

I'm just taking a wild stab in the dark here: If the codes do change frequently (I'm not sure if they do or don't), then I'd guess it's to prevent price differences between the same product - demand for cigars being produced by the factory with a better reputation would hike up the price, and demand for those producing rubbish would force those prices down, hence creating a major discrepancy in the demand for certain boxes of cigars of the same brand and model.

Again, just my guess as to why they'd change often

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh how I remember NIVEL ACUSO...and the fun of figuring out the dates.

And then the passion with which we would hunt down the Havana factory of preference.

Now I just ask for more of what ever I am enjoying with the hope that the batch of tobacco will be the same....but understanding that boxing happens at the END of the process and long after rolling sometimes.

A quick jump around Youtube will show plenty of videos of the color grading process that results in all your cigars getting mixed up as to which roller made them. Then you take into account that shipping OUT on a certain day (when they are boxed) can mean pulling from a variety of drawers of cigar wheels.

Still kind of fun that we have any sort of code to freak out over.

Here's how I believe codes are an important guide. When a certain code is known to be producing above avg cigars(not a certainty, but raising the odds of procuring a decent box) from a particular time period, then it is worth it to seek out that particular code & date stamp.

For example: '12 BTO Cohiba, ''13 BAM Punch Punch & '13 UPE Upmann are a few codes that have been discussed on the boards and that I have had success with personally. But I wouldn't go blind into any of these codes with current '14 production, because the variables that made these codes a success in the past, have probably changed by now?

Hope that helps?

• Like 1

You guys are 10 years late. Deciphering/chasing box codes is no longer worth it today, at least concerning 90% of the production…

i would say 99%, but not arguing

Just looking for a 0.000000001 of production, approximate of coursepotty.gif

• Like 3