Aging Shorts

Although they're one of my favorite cigars, I've never had any aged shorts. Doesn't normally take long to go through a box and I've never set any aside, but I was thinking about it.

Anyone have any experience? What did you think?

My box that I bought not quite a year ago just ran out and I placed an order for another box...I don't think I'll ever get to age these since I'll always run out very fast. I gotta admit though, my last couple were very good so I wonder what some age will do to these. At the same time, they smoke so well young maybe they don't need much age?

vaqusemy.jpg

When very young they can be a bit harsh and bity. I really wasn't sure if I would like them. Now they have over 2 years of box age on them and I find myself smoking more of them and they are much more enjoyable now. They still are a flavor bomb of a little cigar, definitely full flavored. Lots of earth and black coffee and spice. But now smoother .

Again one of my absolute favourites.

My humidor wouldn't be complete without a box of shorts in it. (Sounds weird)

I've never had one aged as when I I have them I tend to blast through a box within 2 months.

I do plan to buy a cab however so I can put it right at the back of my cabinet and forget about it for a few years.

I have an untouched box of RASCC nesting in there also! Can't wait to smoke one.

When very young they can be a bit harsh and bity. I really wasn't sure if I would like them. Now they have over 2 years of box age on them and I find myself smoking more of them and they are much more enjoyable now. They still are a flavor bomb of a little cigar, definitely full flavored. Lots of earth and black coffee and spice. But now smoother .