Presidencia Diplomatic Cuban cigars

They look great! It wouldn't surprise me if they were real, as I think one of the greatest strategies with Cuban brands is to create a certain mystic aura about them. You know thing like "Castro himself created this ones when he summoned the spirit of Churchill and the soul of a behike brujo" or a thing like that.

Thanks for the info Captain :D

I think the bands signify that the cigars were gifts to a head of state (as opposed to more 'ordinary' diplomatic gifts), but don't bet your house that.

If that is the case, I wonder how they make their way into circulation. Once in a blue moon I have heard about them. I think LCDH in Teddington had some a little while back.

But If its just a different band, then what blend are these cigars? Were they some regular production vitola back when cubatobacco was still around?

But Cubatabaco is still around as it is my understanding that they are the owners of 50% of Habanos SA and also the owners of all the vegas, factories, etc...

I have smoked a number of these amigo and still posses some. I have owned these cigars since the mid to late 90's

post-79-0-38544300-1382893303_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-48729500-1382893340_thumb.jpg

As a caveat, I am always leery of such cigars. While I have convinced myself via my smoking experience that they are legitimate, I make no broad sweeping or boasting claims about them. Over the years I have sent a number of them abroad to other seasoned smokers, to compare to their own acquisitions and found none doubting their authenticity. I still wonder about them at times like this!

I acquired these through some 'connections' at a time when I was more interested in acquiring smoking experiences, than I was in settling for a magnificent cigar at every smoking experience. Mine, as I understand it were gifts to the Panamanian government.

My experience is that the sizes were not limited to just 3. I have smoked several sizes and still posses a few different ones.

I have no back history on the label and no amazing stories about their history or mystique. I found the idea of trying them appealing at the time and as the result of having more dollars than sense, I bought some!

Cheers! -the Pig

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have no back history on the label and no amazing stories about their history or mystique. I found the idea of trying them appealing at the time and as the result of having more dollars than sense, I bought some!

Any idea of the route by which they reached you? No names or anything, but I am curious. If these are indeed cigars given to heads of state (which is only kings, queens, presidents, dictators for life, etc.), I'm intrigued about the way they make their way into circulation.

I realise this probably sounds rather gauche.

I have smoked a number of these amigo and still posses some. I have owned these cigars since the mid to late 90's

post-79-0-38544300-1382893303_thumb.jpg

post-79-0-48729500-1382893340_thumb.jpg

As a caveat, I am always leery of such cigars. While I have convinced myself via my smoking experience that they are legitimate, I make no broad sweeping or boasting claims about them. Over the years I have sent a number of them abroad to other seasoned smokers, to compare to their own acquisitions and found none doubting their authenticity. I still wonder about them at times like this!

I acquired these through some 'connections' at a time when I was more interested in acquiring smoking experiences, than I was in settling for a magnificent cigar at every smoking experience. Mine, as I understand it were gifts to the Panamanian government.

My experience is that the sizes were not limited to just 3. I have smoked several sizes and still posses a few different ones.

Cheers! -the Pig

And so says the Pig, revealing his past of buying and smoking perhaps some of the rarest and most special EL's of all, while shying others away from obtaining the "lesser market", "regular" EL selections.

Fie, Piggy, fie!!!! You harbinger of doom!!!! Disparaging others for enjoying the low-level fruit!!!!! Stop looking down your snout at us!!!!! tantrum.gif

:innocent:stir.gifdevil2.gifwink.pngtongue.pngbiggrin.pngbuddies.gif

• Like 1

Any idea of the route by which they reached you? No names or anything, but I am curious. If these are indeed cigars given to heads of state (which is only kings, queens, presidents, dictators for life, etc.), I'm intrigued about the way they make their way into circulation.

I realise this probably sounds rather gauche.

I don't believe that "heads of state" is exactly accurate. More puffing by those that are braggadocios about such things. I believe that it would be more correct to state them as gifts to the politically connected. You did not, to my knowledge need to be royalty, just in diplomatic circles or connected to Cuban leaders of one form or another. That is my understanding.

I believe that the Cuban government thought its many nationalist arms likely extended these to industrialist, and visitors or relations that they wished to curry favor with. They are after all just a cigar with a special band.

Again I should disclose that I am no expert on Cuban cigar history. I just smoke the damn things!

Cheers -the Pig

And so says the Pig, revealing his past of buying and smoking perhaps some of the rarest and most special EL's of all, while shying others away from obtaining the "lesser market", "regular" EL selections.

Fie, Piggy, fie!!!! You harbinger of doom!!!! Disparaging others for enjoying the low-level fruit!!!!! Stop looking down your snout at us!!!!! tantrum.gif

innocent.gifstir.gifdevil2.gifwink.pngtongue.pngbiggrin.pngbuddies.gif

…do you devour small children in off hours??? -LOL

The most significant point of my original post seems to have magically missed you!

I acquired these through some 'connections' at a time when I was more interested in acquiring smoking experiences, than I was in settling for a magnificent cigar at every smoking experience.

I once had lesser demands on the smoking experience than the desire for a new smoking experience. I have explained this in millions of pixels, over and over again!

I share experiences, raise a little hell now and again, and this is the respect I get?

I am going to lock myself in a humidor filled with EL's and fart!!! Oh, the humanity!

Cheers, - buddies.gif Piggy

• Like 1

• 11 months later...