Presidencia Diplomatic Cuban cigars

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 10/26/2013 at 3:11 PM, CaptainQuintero said:

Couple of lots appeared a few years ago in the auctions in London

http://www.cigarauctions.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=presidencia&categories_id=&x=0&y=0

I can see someone dropping that kind of cash for a humidor for some odd reason but 6k pounds for a 10er? These people have more money than sense. It's quite a mystery to me how these people had the intelligence to attain that much money. Wow... I bet if they came in a box with a glass top these fools would give 20% more. Lmao

I'm gonna go photoshop me a fancy band, weather it, wrap it on some old, beat up cigars, start a thread and make it go viral... say something like these are the cigars that Castro passed out to Epstein's clients on his private island off the coast of Cuba which were one of Bill Clinton's favorite cigars, and rake in the cash! I may even go as far as making Bill's private humidor for the island. I'll inscribe 'Monica' on it, weather it, and include a photoshopped pic of Bill smoking a cigar with my new band on it and a glimpse of the humidor in it. At this point I will be able to retire.

• Haha 1

Did you believe it to be authentic? I think that is always going to be the underlying question about these.

It has been a very long time since I have even looked at one. I cannot recall smoking one since this thread. I suppose if I thought them to be better cigars than just oddities to talk about, I would have smoked through the ones I have by now.

Thanks for sharing! -the Pig

Somebody came into a cigar shop in Ireland about 10 years ago with 4 boxes of 25 diplomatic Cohiba Lanceros plus one cabinet of 50.

He didn't know much about cigars but he wanted a valuation. The people he was asking were skeptical about provenance.

The next day he came back to the shop with a series of photographs of the boxes being handed to him personally by Fidel Castro in about 2001. I've seen the pictures.

Provenance confirmed!

My point is, that's the kind of provenance I would be looking for if somebody was looking to sell me cigars like these. I have no doubt they exist but it's possible there are more fake ones than real ones out there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

My point is, that's the kind of provenance I would be looking for if somebody was looking to sell me cigars like these. I have no doubt they exist but it's possible there are more fake ones than real ones out there.

Agreed - happens a lot lately with Cohiba Lanceros King of Spain with an added Cohiba band ( or the other way around ... ? ) - like there is need for a double band to those cigars.

I can see someone dropping that kind of cash for a humidor for some odd reason but 6k pounds for a 10er? These people have more money than sense. It's quite a mystery to me how these people had the intelligence to attain that much money. Wow... I bet if they came in a box with a glass top these fools would give 20% more. Lmao

I'm gonna go photoshop me a fancy band, weather it, wrap it on some old, beat up cigars, start a thread and make it go viral... say something like these are the cigars that Castro passed out to Epstein's clients on his private island off the coast of Cuba which were one of Bill Clinton's favorite cigars, and rake in the cash! I may even go as far as making Bill's private humidor for the island. I'll inscribe 'Monica' on it, weather it, and include a photoshopped pic of Bill smoking a cigar with my new band on it and a glimpse of the humidor in it. At this point I will be able to retire.
To you or me, or most people, 10k is a huge amount of money. I know people who make 100k an hour. 10k costs more to figure out how to put it somewhere than it does to spend it on anything. Imagine someone giving you 10000 cash and thinking to yourself, it'll cost me more money to take this to the bank than it's worth. The people that pay that much for 10 cigars could do it a million times over and still not know the difference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

quite a few of these for sale on the auction site:  https://www.onlinecigarauctions.com/sold_lot_info.php?products_id=7273

not much additional info on them there, but I always assumed they were hand-picked, high-end (but otherwise regular production) cigars with special diplomatic packaging meant to be presented as gifts

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

Somebody came into a cigar shop in Ireland about 10 years ago with 4 boxes of 25 diplomatic Cohiba Lanceros plus one cabinet of 50.

He didn't know much about cigars but he wanted a valuation. The people he was asking were skeptical about provenance.

The next day he came back to the shop with a series of photographs of the boxes being handed to him personally by Fidel Castro in about 2001. I've seen the pictures.

Provenance confirmed!

That is amazing. Did they end up getting smoked??