Interesting Cuban Artefacts

Found these at a flea market. A Cuban in his late 40's/early 50's was selling all kinds of old paper, photos, documents from Cuba.

Amongst the piles:

An old invoice/receipt/cheque for goods from Bacardi (dated August 10, 1947)

Front

post-6763-0-04548300-1382760075_thumb.jp

Back

post-6763-0-59891100-1382760080_thumb.jp

And most interesting. An envelope from the "Trinidad Fabrica De Cigarros y Tabacos" (circa 1960) The Trinidad brand we know started up in 1969) This is the first time I've ever seen a Pre-Revolution example of "Trinidad Cigars".

Major difference, this one reference an address vs the town of Trinidad of which the current brand is named after. It's most likely this is all they share given the time frames.

The address being: Trinidad Brother(s), located at Ave(nida) Ramon Trinidad & Coronel Acebo in Ranchuelo.

Nonetheless, a neat find.

Front

post-6763-0-56010400-1382760366_thumb.jp

Back

post-6763-0-44834000-1382760373_thumb.jp

Edited by bundwallah
Fixed the "Trinidad" reference. Thanks Nino!

You found these in the Toronto area? Wow, $1,100 bucks back then was a haul!

Looks like around 600 cases and a few bottles for that, not a bad price at all!

Major difference,this one is named after a founder "Ave Ramon Trinidad" vs the town of Trinidad of which the current brand is name after. It's most likely this is all they share given the time frames.

No.

Ave is short for Avenida, an address.

Trinidad Brother(s), located at Ave(nida) Ramon Trinidad & Coronel Acebo in Ranchuelo.

No.

Ave is short for Avenida, an address.

Trinidad Brother(s), located at Ave(nida) Ramon Trinidad & Coronel Acebo in Ranchuelo.

Thanks Nino. I was unsure about that and was hoping you'd verify it. ;) I will edit the original.

Gracias!

Thanks Nino. I was unsure about that and was hoping you'd verify it. wink.png I will edit the original.

Gracias!

De nada, socio !!

Might be interesting to enquire a friend next month in HAV so you might get added info on them if possible.