Toronto mayor admits to smoking crack cocaine

LMAO....."Crack is Whack".....Just ask Whitney Houston!

Too soon.......Not cool man! no.gif

#NationalTreasure, #BodyGuard4Life, #UnicornQueefs

Too soon.......Not cool man! no.gif

#NationalTreasure, #BodyGuard4Life, #UnicornQueefs

seriously?

i really don't mean to belittle the deceased in any way (tho i was never a fan) but i remember being in london and hearing shuttle jokes within a few hours of it exploding. that did seem a smidge quick. didn't said deceased leave us about a year ago?

it would be nice to think that the world has become more considerate but hard to believe.

Quite the embarassment for Toronto and Canada.

Unfortunately there are no official procedures available to Toronto Council to remove him

from office unless he is charged/convicted of an offense.

I'm sure there will be more to come on this sad tale.

seriously?

i really don't mean to belittle the deceased in any way (tho i was never a fan) but i remember being in london and hearing shuttle jokes within a few hours of it exploding. that did seem a smidge quick. didn't said deceased leave us about a year ago?

it would be nice to think that the world has become more considerate but hard to believe.

C'mon KG!!!!!!!! You know me better than that! I couldn't stand her when she was alive, so yes, I was totally joking.

Funny coming from a Hab's fan who gave up on his team just last year. At least the crackhead Leaf's fan isn't a quitter.

did not give up on the team, gave up on the nhl. after the lockout, i just fell out of love with the nhl. never was the biggest hockey fan to begin with.

Not saying the Mayor isn't an idiot and a bad role model but we have much worse politicians in Canada ripping off taxpayers for billions who hardly get any press at all. At least Ford does his job and doesn't throw away piles of money like the rest of the imbeciles running this country.

Couldn't agree with you more. He gets a lot of bad media attention but he does great things for the city even though he isn't the smartest in his off time. I'm not saying that smoking crack is okay or justifiable - but in terms of strictly politics theres nothing wrong with him.

IMO, he's coming clean to try to get the heat off him. Apparently, there's more to this story! One of the thugs who's in the video with Ford turned up murdered some time after the video was taken. Coincidence? I have a feeling we're going to find out soon...

Unfortunately this takes some focus over a lot of good things he's done. Anyone trying to change the culture at city hall and take on things like unions or wasted spending with the degree of success he's had will have many people gunning for him. He should stop making it so easy for them.

Unfortunately this takes some focus over a lot of good things he's done. Anyone trying to change the culture at city hall and take on things like unions or wasted spending with the degree of success he's had will have many people gunning for him. He should stop making it so easy for them.

FWIW, Al Capone was a "populist" too. ;). This guy is an embarrassment. The crack video is the tip of the iceberg. One man is murdered and another survived a stabbing because of it. If he's in any way connected with the attempted retrieval/destruction of the video and the resulting carnage, he's in for some real trouble.

Apparently, there's more to this story! One of the thugs who's in the video with Ford turned up murdered some time after the video was taken. Coincidence? I have a feeling we're going to find out soon...

Hmmm. 'Thug Involved With Drugs Gets Murdered Shock'.

Is this a fact or just speculation?

The facts: Two guys associated with Ford and in that infamous photograph are victims of a crime. One is dead, the other survived.

Speculation: If they're linked to the video? Unsure. If they are, it could get real interesting.

Whoa. The politics could really heat up if we start bringing in hockey. I'm just curious why his approval rating is still so high? I mean, I could see it if he were deeply into stogies.

His approval rating went up before he confessed to smoking crack. I would be surprised if his approval rating doesn't drop after admitting to it.

And that's the big thing right there. The media has had a hard-on for this guy before he was even elected as mayor. He is a guy that is anti-union, wants to keep spending to a minimum and run balanced budgets which is why he won the election in the first place. I don't live in Toronto and really don't care who their mayor is but from an outsider looking in it does appear as though he kept his campaign promises ... keep spending under control and get rid of the waste compared to any other mayor they have had recently.

calling marion barry...

LOL! That piece of work even got re-elected as mayor several years after that. Only in D.C. (and I guess Toronto, too).

More to come boys, no doubt, more to come.

I did think it delved into the absurd today though.....

As he entered Toronto city hall today via the back entrance to avoid the massive scrum of media at the front, he nonetheless tried to go about his mayoral duties....including taking a tour of gradeschoolers (grade 5 to 8, if I'm not mistaken), and tour them around city hall and explain to them what a mayor and city council does. It was, no less, "take your child to work day"!!!!!

Lovely. I'd love to have that giant waste of a man take my child around. Drugs or no drugs, his actions, attitudes, comments, and vitriol-spewing-radio-show-comments are absolutely NOT what I think should be paraded around as an example to anyone, much less young kids. Pathetic.

I'm not sure how someone defends a guy who most even remotely lucid people wouldn't leave in charge of their pet, never mind act as mayor of one of the larger economies in Canada. And speaking of which, another talking point usually trotted out is his get-tough-on-waste accomplishments. I've always been suspect about that, and recently found a fairly thorough round-up: http://metronews.ca/voices/ford-for-toronto/688301/doug-ford-says-critics-cant-go-after-our-fiscal-record-challenge-accepted/

I think what the Rob Fords, the Liberal Gas Plant scandal, Harpercons election meddling and endless scandals really do, is reveal the abject bankruptcy of modern liberal democracy. What we have now is some mixture of plutocracy and open farce, as evidenced in the trend toward a general transition of global power from west to east.

Well if you're unsure you probably shouldn't state it as a fact. It's a serious accusation, and like Philski said, is it a real shock that gangbangers were a victim of crime?

So, which part of the two clearly prefixed sentences on "facts" vs "speculation " threw you off? And the inference that "gangbangers" could have met their fates to unrelated circumstances isn't totally off, but it shouldn't be discounted either. To do so would be irresponsible. Those associations are the "smoke", time and investigation will tell if there's "fire" as well.

I'm not sure how someone defends a guy who most even remotely lucid people wouldn't leave in charge of their pet, never mind act as mayor of one of the larger economies in Canada....

I don't think I could have said it any better...peace.gif

E

This is the statement of fact that threw me off. My question for clarification was a rhetorical one.

Just because there's smoke it doesn't give you the authority to declare a person a murderer or a conspirator to murder.

Maybe in time the investigation will prove you correct but its a rediculous and unfair statement to make at this point.

I didn't declare him to be a murderer or conspirator. Those exact words were not written by me now were they?

Did I write "Rob Ford connected to the murder and attempted murder of two men"? Besides now, did you see that up in my comments? My point was if there is a connection, it will be bad news for him. No one has made that connection, but the talk in town is that it's being investigated. And why the hell would it not be?

• Rob Ford is photographed with some thugs.
  • Two of said thugs are met with violent acts and alleged to know about the video in question. One is dead. One survived.
  • Both thugs could have potentially met their fates on a totally unrelated matter. That is not out of the realm of possibility given their "lifestyle". It doesn't mean you give Rob Ford a pass and chalk it up to inter/intra gang violence. You investigate it to a conclusion. If he's clean, great. If there's more to it, you follow it through.

One thing is for sure. That video needs to be shown to the public.

Our mayor is associating with some shady characters. You think there's nothing at all to that? That's it not worth looking into?

This guy is an absolute DEGENERATE, balanced books or not, bigger thieving politicians, who cares...this guy needs to go. I'd love to see all the dirt come out and what else this guy is involved in. People who smack crack and behave the way this guy does, the **** pile runs deep and there will be more revealed guaranteed!

Well if you're unsure you probably shouldn't state it as a fact. It's a serious accusation, and like Philski said, is it a real shock that gangbangers were a victim of crime?

You think that politicians never committed any crimes? Get real.