You, me, and the new bee.

contracorrientes

To all: a cheery hello from Gladstone, Queensland, Australia!

It's a pleasure to take the plunge and participate in what I can clearly see is a warm, friendly community of like-minded folk.

My earliest cigar memory is of an old German neighbour (who I didn't particularly like) wandering around his yard, stinking it up with some half-chewed maduro. Through my innocent childhood eyes (cue harp music and kaleidoscopic effects) I vowed I'd never I do anything crazy like that, why would I do something crazy like that? Fast forward around 20 years, and my burgeoning love of coffee and single-malt whisky is what eventually led me to the perfect accompaniment.

I suppose I'm one of the new generation of cigar lovers. Larger ring gauges rock my world; I've a good appreciation of NCs, but far less exposure to CCs. I'm also of the generation where the Uzi-spray anti-smoking push has been always present, and I can't imagine I'm the only one that feels our hobby is sometimes a dirty little secret (particularly because I'm a health practitioner).I say my mantra is enjoy in moderation, I really mean indulge in what you can get away with.

Equally passionate about travel, food, wine, photography, cinema, alternative music, and technology*.

In the absence of us on the deck with a glass of Lagavulin and cigar in hand, virtual cheers to fellowship and good advice! I'll see you 'round.

Seb

*I have actually successfully invented a time machine. Please do not ever ask me anything about it, for the sake of the continuity of the universe.

Ohh wow you've made a time machine too! Well done. Mine runs on the perpetual energy of the Red Dot Cohiba. Unfortunately it can only go forward and backward 300 years. I am yet to find a programming work around to allow limitless time travel.

Welcome.

Ohh wow you've made a time machine too! Well done. Mine runs on the perpetual energy of the Red Dot Cohiba. Unfortunately it can only go forward and backward 300 years.

Noooo!!! That dot is the warning light!

Welcome to FOH! Great access to discontinued cigars with the time machine smile.png

I've already said too much!

Thanks! Keen to hear what you think: how much is too much? doctor.gif

Wish I knew the answer, but if you are as busy as most of us, you'll never have enough time off for too much. The longer I work, the more I think we are just fighting our genetics anyway. I see too much pointless anxiety in this world to worry too much.

Wish I knew the answer, but if you are as busy as most of us, you'll never have enough time off for too much. The longer I work, the more I think we are just fighting our genetics anyway. I see too much pointless anxiety in this world to worry too much.

Well said!