what are you watching?

gllerner

I usually watch a DVD whilst outside smoking...this weekend Silence of the lambs, 9 and half weeks and the latest superman.... man of steel. Kim Basinger was absolutely filthy back then.

• Like 1

I liked 2 guns as well.

Watched a couple of moives this weekend just gone

This Is The End- Started off pretty good but got really stupid really fast. A couple of good laughs and plenty of cameos. A decent hangover film

Man Of Steel- Took a while to get going and the first half seems a little rushed, kinda like they were trying to stuff a 2 hours origin story into a one hour spot. Still, a good reboot for the franchise

Now You See Me- Good film and decent cast. Sorta like Oceans 11 with magicians. Good storyline but a fairly predicatble ending. Good "Movie Night" film

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched End of Watch, it's a buddy cop movie that really pulls at the heart strings. Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peña had really good chemistry, giving the movie a legitimate sense of heart that elevates this movie from the crowd.

Quality flick - was really impressed by this movie. Different type of cop movie, and I thought they pulled it off very well.

Watched Gangster Squad (Pena is in this too) last night, didn't do too much for me at all. No huge complaints but no storyline really.

2 Guns is on the to watch list as well.

• 2 years later...

This thread needs resurrected:

I have been on a Nic Cage kick lately, had my own film festival, I won't bore you with them all, but here are the films I have watched recently, I will try and keep this going.......even if no one cares hole.gif

And if I overlooked another thread that is already going (I did start from the last page and started working my way to the front page when eventually found this one) then by all means let me know....thanks

215px-Lordofwar.jpg

Trespass

300px-Trespass2011-poster.jpg

Left Behind

Left_Behind_film_poster.jpg

Bone Tomahawk

bone-tomahawk-new-poster.jpg?itok=CUqf6P

MV5BMTg2NDg3ODg4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzk3

I watched Bone Tomahawk and loved it. I thought the characters and writing were great. And Predestination an indie Sci-Fi film with Ethan Hawke....really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Bone Tomahawk and loved it. I thought the characters and writing were great. And Predestination an indie Sci-Fi film with Ethan Hawke....really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be honest I need to watch Bone Tomahawk again, it was REALLY slow....good acting, but SLOW, and then BAM.....something crazy happened, and I felt like I missed something or dozed of or I don't know what.

Blue Ruin

Blue_Ruin_film_poster.jpg

Straight Outta Compton

Straight_Outta_Compton_poster.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed both.

Spotlight.jpg

The-Big-Short_27487_posterlarge.jpg

I watched The Big Short over the weekend, I enjoyed it as well

8560.jpg

Really enjoyed this, it sucked me in like The Revenant did.....not sure who I liked more Paul Dano or John Cusak, they were both great & Paul Giamati fughetaboutit.

• Like 1

I felt Spotlight deserved to win best film this year (at the Oscars), just ahead of The Big Short. Still, I very much enjoyed The Revenant and The Hateful Eight too. Love and Mercy I enjoyed watching with my wife on our wedding anniversary, and later too on Blu-ray, this was under-rated, nominated for two Golden Globes, but no Oscar nominations.

• Like 2

I've recently downloaded the entire catalogue of Battlestar Galactica TV series along with Prequel movies and Caprica. :)

I used to watch the show on TV but here in Australia it is frustrating as often the TV stations love slotting a show into an 8:30pm slot only to find that a few weeks later, the show is in a much later time slot and then vanishes all together. As such, I missed a great many episodes and then later stopped watching all together.

So now I have a 64Gb BluRay quality file(s) and have thus far enjoyed Prequel movies and Season 1. Such a great show. perfect10.gif

• Like 2

Currently watching "Better Call Saul"- the spinoff of Breaking Bad. Also watching on Netflix "Person of Interest" and the American version of "House of Cards.

I've just watched the first episode of 11-22-63. I thought it was very well done, although I am a big fan of Stephen King and the book was one of my favourites of the last few years. Definitely worth a watch though, I'm looking forward to the 2nd episode now.