Havana 2013 Photo Thread

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I laughed when I saw that this morning.

You know John HAD to sneak one in there somewhere!

John! :tantrum::lol: Actually, it's not so much about DE. There's a very mottled date code stamped on there I believe. We were at the La Corona factory. At the end of our tour our guide offered to stamp the inside of our hats, clothing or cigar caddies with the latest box code. LEM NOV 13 I believe.

John! :tantrum::lol: Actually, it's not so much about DE. There's a very mottled date code stamped on there I believe. We were at the La Corona factory. At the end of our tour our guide offered to stamp the inside of our hats, clothing or cigar caddies with the latest box code. LEM NOV 13 I believe.

So he was wearing a DE hat touring La Corona? Too cool! Did he light an FFP at the dinner?

I'm still kicking myself for not making it there, but I look forward to hearing the stories!

So he was wearing a DE hat touring La Corona? Too cool! Did he light an FFP at the dinner?

I'm still kicking myself for not making it there, but I look forward to hearing the stories!

Such activities were not condoned. His attendance for future gatherings is under review .pod.gif The air in Havana is bad enough. No need to light up NC's. :covermouth:

Here are a few photos...will most likely spread them over a a few postings due to file size:

Here's Tom waiting at the airport. And boy did we have to wait...7 hour delay to get on the plane (a comedy of errors due to mechanical issues on the plane and a customer that decided to leave the flight just after boarding was completed)...

post-7314-0-71185800-1385476792_thumb.jp

Well, finally in Havana. Checked in to the Nacional at 4:30 in the morning. We decided to stay up instead of getting some much needed sleep...and as a result we caught a part of the Marathon being run that day:

post-7314-0-08217200-1385476820_thumb.jp

What do you do when you have time to kill in Cuba? You go to the Partagas factory, of course:

post-7314-0-05918800-1385476966_thumb.jp

post-7314-0-69314600-1385476974_thumb.jp

post-7314-0-31215600-1385476981_thumb.jp

...Part 2 to follow....

awesome pics guys, my first time in havana and I had a blast. could not think of a better group of guys to go with. Yes I had the bonehead moment of the week for sure and i'm glad they all got a good laugh out of it! Memorable week for sure.

Hi all,

just made it back home 3 hrs ago.

Great time in Cuba !!

Thank you Enis for sending me the pics at Hector Luis' - much appreciated.

Will post mine from tomorrow on.