Punch Serie D'Oro No 2 LE 2013 : Where does it sit

Well the Punch Serie D'oro No 2 LE 2013 has been around for a few months.

For those that have smoked them i would love your thoughts? it certainly has been a cigar that has flown under the radar.

is it a sleeper....a dog rocket....a cracker?

Let us know your opinion and reasons why.

post-4-0-59493800-1385424094_thumb.jpg

smoked multiple examples of each of the 2013 EL marcas from different boxes, both at home and in Havana last week.

The Punch EL is the best of the bunch IMHO and I am not a regular Punch consumer.

I also have been told in Havana that the Punch EL has the smallest production of all 3 ELs this year.

Easy buy for me. Will be on the hunt for more. Damn customs limits. LOL.

I have only smoked 1 so far, and found it to show hints of Punch profile (fresh Punch Punch) with cocoa and leather from the EL wrapper. Mine became confused at the half, but showed promise. Not sure if it showed enough promise to warrant the very high asking price yet. I will revisit another soon.

I had just smoked the one and it gave nothing, really nothing just air. Of all the EL's and LCDH releases of this year this has been the worst.

I don't know if this was only the cigar I smoked or all of the production but I would definitely have to smoke another one to see if it was just that cigar.

The R&J was the best EL and the bolivar libertador the best cigar by a mile.

Just an opinion :)

I also smoked about a dozen of these in Havana last week. Definitely the best release of all the LE's this year and a really great smoke right now. I bought 7 boxes of these in Havana and will be looking to buy more on my next trip.

Tom

I also smoked about a dozen of these in Havana last week. Definitely the best release of all the LE's this year and a really great smoke right now. I bought 7 boxes of these in Havana and will be looking to buy more on my next trip.

Tom

If I could get 7 boxes through Calgary customs I'm sure i would too ;)

smoked multiple examples of each of the 2013 EL marcas from different boxes, both at home and in Havana last week.

The Punch EL is the best of the bunch IMHO and I am not a regular Punch consumer.

I also have been told in Havana that the Punch EL has the smallest production of all 3 ELs this year.

Easy buy for me. Will be on the hunt for more. Damn customs limits. LOL.

Smoked about 6 down in Havana. For such a young cigar, it performs beautifully.

Totally agree with the above two posts.

I smoked a pile of these and kept trying to find a box that I would want more. By the end of the week I knew that I would kick myself if I didn't snap up a box.

Really really enjoy this release.

Tom

I smoked a couple of these in Havana with the above quoted fine gentleman and I must say that I still prefer the Hoyo EL for this year. Although I am usually a Punch man, this was a good cigar but not worth a pick up for me.

I will try one if I make it down to Cuba this year and they have any left. $500 per box is enough of a turn off to disinterest me completely. HSA can kiss my moon.gif