Best cc for long term

So I am wanting your opinion on what the best box for long term aging would be. The catch is I would like something from nov 2010 or 2010 at the least. Wanting to find a nice box from my sons birth month to age until we can enjoy them together. So this would be 18+ years of age more than likely before smoking. Let the debate begin what would you go with?

Cohiba esplendidos or upmann sir Winston

Get a great box and let time do its magic smile.png

Another Vote for the Sir Winnie. I've had some 1980s Upmanns that were truly magical. I've also had some killer Punch from the 80s as well but most punch today aren't as fancy as a Sir Winnie and since its a special occasion I'd go for the gold.

For 18 years? I would go with a fuller strength cigar and lean towards Partagas. Ramon Allones and Saint Luis Rey also. And if they are to enjoy with your son, maybe a corona at the biggest. Imagine someone handing you a Sir Winnie for your first cigar! Bit intimidating! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok if anyone has a box of sir upmann from 2010 or anything else interesting and HQ shoot me a pm. If the boy doesnt like cigars at least I will have vintage sticks to smoke one day lol.

All cigars packed in varnished boxes are blended for long term aging.

If you can find 2010 Sir Winstons, they are surely your best bet.

Meanwhile, at a more modest price, consider the PL Encantos.

They are Dalias, in a 8-9-8 varnished box.

The entire production is dated Nov. 2010, and El Pres has them in stock.

The general opinion is that they are first rate smokes.

All PL cigars age well, and the Encantos will surely have a 20+ year life span.

I would even suggest buying two boxes; one to leave untouched and unopened,

and one to smoke, very slowly, like every 6-10 months, to follow their evolution.

Keep in mind that the one you are smoking from will evolve more quickly over the years

than the sealed box, due to exposure to more oxygen.

I've had great success with :

HU Sir Winston

Partagas Lusi & 898

HDM EE

Monte 2

Ive decided to go with the PL Encantos as they are from the month/year I want and look to be developing into a nice smoke. Also the fact that they are on the milder side and have a sweetness from reviews, would be nice for a young palate. If anyone has a stuck or two they would be willing to let go of so I can sample before making the plunge send me a pm. Thanks for all the recommendations and knowledge.

I can not start to guess how tobacco rolled today, will turn out in 18 years. A cigar smoked today with 18 year old tobacco in it will not age the same as a cigar rolled today... in 18 years. I personally do not buy into the advice of buying a strong or full bodied cigar for aging. If you look at aged cigar auctions or merchants who sell aged cigars, hardly are the full bodied pulling the most coin. Quality of tobacco, would be my determining factor. You'd have to take into consideration year of the crop, factory, were did the excellent tobacco go i.e. which brands lucked out and got the good leaf, etc...

Or just ask Rob and case closed =)

BTW - I am in agreement with you on the PL Enchantos. I'm into my second box and finding it REALLY difficult to leave them alone to age. I have one more in the locker, that's the only way I'm going to see how it develops but it is a real masterpiece of a cigar today. PM incoming, Newkarian.

I just got a box yesterday of Por Larranaga Encantos from Nov 2010 and they smell divine.

I had a single of one of those I got out of the Christmas sampler and it was like honey on toast.

Plan to hold onto these for a long time and see how they turn out.

I asked a very affluent collector this same question one time. This guy has EVERYTHING

you can think of, and from a variety of years and past decades. I explained to him that I'm a blue collar kind of guy, and didn't have tons of cash to

Just toss around.

He said that for him the answer is the same whether you have a lot of money or little...

Monte 2. Of all the cigars he has smoked, the one he feels confident in through long aging is that one. He says that his aged stock of Monte 2s rival a lot of his "collectable" stuff.

Just thought I'd share

Sounds like he has a lot of old Monte #2's.

That's what he implied. He said his collection of Cubans is +5000. I chatted with other BOTL about him and they are like, yeah, he's the

Man! I'm being evasive about his identity because I'm not sure it'd be appropriate to name drop