LCDH Cayo Santa Maria

Hi, I was there in March last year. The store, humidor and selection not bad but some boxes were priced about 20% above the set prices. Also I noticed he didn't put any price tags on the boxes like they do in Varadero's LCDHs so I had to ask him to quote me every box of my interest. Tiring experience after a while. Finally I got my Behike boxes at the Iberostar Ensenachos cigar store, which also future nice humidor sells at set prices.

Hi, I was there in March last year. The store, humidor and selection not bad but some boxes were priced about 20% above the set prices. Also I noticed he didn't put any price tags on the boxes like they do in Varadero's LCDHs so I had to ask him to quote me every box of my interest. Tiring experience after a while. Finally I got my Behike boxes at the Iberostar Ensenachos cigar store, which also future nice humidor sells at set prices.

Sadly many times the vendor do that for an specific reason: the more gringo-face you have the more expensive prices are.

Not just cigars but for all kind of products in tourist areas.

In Brazil I always let the seller know that I am Brazilian (speaking portuguese). I do have a gringo-face for Brazilian standarts of course.

I could see that in India, Colombia and many other countries.

Thanks for the info

mrsgucia, I have a friend going down in early February. Would you know roughly how long a cab ride it would be from Iberostar Ensenachos, which looks to be a little southwest from the main row of hotels, to the LCDH? Thx.

There were two double decker buses going around Santa Maria about every hour last year. The cost was 2 peso per persona and it was the cheapest and nicest way to see the island and get a ride to LCDH in Pueblo La Estrella. The bus stops by every hotel two pueblos and picks up anybody that waves to the driver on the way so the ride will take up some time. If you in the rush just take a taxi if available, it wasn't that much more 5 peso I think I paid for the ride from town to the hotel. LCDH there is only open till 4 or 4:30pm.

mrsgucia, I have a friend going down in early February. Would you know roughly how long a cab ride it would be from Iberostar Ensenachos, which looks to be a little southwest from the main row of hotels, to the LCDH? Thx.

The ride to LCDH in Pueblo La Estrella shouldn't be more then 10 to 15min. Though taxi is not always around the hotel so good idea to call the reception first and ask for the taxi.

Thats good to know! I'm off to Cayo SM on Tues and posted on CA if anyone know what time the LCDH closes there. Will be packin' as we get in a little later in the evening!!! Looking forward to seeing the stock.....crushing rum.....smoking in places other than my hottub......and relaxing. My folks were there last year and did pretty well muling for me!

JD

Hi,

Anyone been to the LCDH at La Estrella in Cayo Santa Maria recently? Any infos would be appreciated.

Thanks

JS

Hi Jazz

I will be there in late march, let me know how it works out. I could call you or we could meet for a smoke at Stogieswhen you come back.

I wanted to see if I could get a local flight from santa maria to havana but have been unable to get info.

you can PM me and I will send you my phone number

erik

Hi Jazz

I will be there in late march, let me know how it works out. I could call you or we could meet for a smoke at Stogieswhen you come back.

I wanted to see if I could get a local flight from santa maria to havana but have been unable to get info.

you can PM me and I will send you my phone number

erik

Hi Kiwi,

We can meet for a smoke anytime. Actually I'll be on vacation for the next two weeks, I'll pm you for a meet. As for Cuba we ended up booking in Holguin at the Playa Pesquero.