Best whisky you had in 2013

winelover

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really enjoyed my first introduction to Springbank. I tried the 15yr and liked it very much....

Prefer cognac to whisky, so for that reason I love the Glenmorangie Signet.

For me it was Bushmills 21 yo

My brother offered me for my birthday a bottle of "Càrn Mòr Strictly Limited Edition, 15 yr, distilled at Blair Athol and finished in hogshead, non chill filtered, no added colour. Bottled by Morrison & Mackay". All this to say that it is indeed very good!

I bought a few bottles of Crown Royal Cask 16 in 2007 when they first released it. Polished off the last one this fall and it was delish. Too bad they discontinued it in 2013. Have to pick up a bottle again if I ever see one.

I got a bottle of Glenlivet Master Distiller last year but i didnt really tried until recently. One of the best single malts i've tasted where it opened with orange and finished with a mild vanilla taste in the palate. Im planning to get a Nadurra once i have some cash..

Two days ago i saw about 3 bottles of Old Huckleberry Kentucky Bourbon and as a fan, i bought one to try. There wasnt any reviews on the internet but it was satisfactory. Kinda like a mild Jack Daniels.

I got a bottle of Glenlivet Master Distiller last year but i didnt really tried until recently. One of the best single malts i've tasted where it opened with orange and finished with a mild vanilla taste in the palate.

Just bought a bottle at Duty Free in Mexico, so glad to hear this!

Most surprising for me this year was Amrut Fusion!

Really? I seriously couldn't stand it - surprise yes, but in a very negative way.

Tastes differ :)

Any fans of Talisker?

It tastes like Germolene antiseptic cream to me lol but I can see it would be a love or hate dram.

Just saw that Germolene is scented with 'wintergreen', I wonder if the plant has some kind of connection with the land/water/barrel wood

Fan of Talisker right here :)

The 18 is a wonderful dram, but over my self-imposed price limit so I make do with the 10Y, the Storm, and the DE.

Really? I seriously couldn't stand it - surprise yes, but in a very negative way.

Tastes differ smile.png

I found it quite interesting and at 60$ price tage here, i think it is worth to pick up. Goes quite well with D4....oh wait, you hate them. Makes sense Clauspeace.gif

Also Talisker 175th anniversary and Springbanks 10 were new and fine drams for me!

Fan of Talisker right here :)

The 18 is a wonderful dram, but over my self-imposed price limit so I make do with the 10Y, the Storm, and the DE.

x2...it takes a special kind of week for better or for worse to pony up for the 18. I love the 10. It's a happy medium for me between some of the peat monsters.

• 1 month later...