best opening song to a concert

Have to respectfully disagree with you here. Honestly, you say that U2 isn't even in the discussion? Yet, by your own criteria: "Trust the guys who have honed their skills over 40 years" you WOULD, in fact, be including U2. They have been touring for 36 years AS U2, but performed as "The Hype" for a few years prior. I would say that any band performing for close to 40 years, would deserve to be considered within the discussion.

Even more, U2 is one of those rare bands in which their live work far exceeds their studio work. I may have maybe 1 studio album of U2's over the years, simply because i'm not a huge fan of how they sound in studio, but you take those same songs and U2 re-invents them in the live setting. Have you seen them live?

While I have not been going to shows as long as you have, I have seen Pink Floyd in '79, '80's and '90's (amazing stage show), Bruce on many tours, Stones, The Who, McCartney, you name it, i've seen it. (Yes, Maiden also deserves to be on the list....amazing shows). U2 have been honing their craft in a live setting and managing to stay relevant for 40 years now....pretty impressive in my book.

PREACH!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've seen Bruce 3 times live, and I stick to my guns, U2 has been the best live show, not even close! If i'm being honest the next that even comes close was Rolling Stones. Coming in as almost a tie

Metallica: 1994 **** hits the Sheds Tour: Breadfan

RUSH - Spirit of the Radio