superbowl

Anyone who thought the immobile Manning stood a chance against the Seattle D was sorely mistaken. Seattle *owned* the wee little ponies. As a lifelong Seahawks fan this first Superbowl win was absolutely fantastic. I can see how some might feel it was boring, but from the 12th Man's perspective it was almost perfect. :)

Cheers!

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

No doubt, as a football fan you want a close game, but when your team is in it, you want a blow out. Congrats!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Half time can't come soon enough for the Broncos

I wonder how Floyd Mayweather is feeling after reportedly dropping $10 Million on the Broncos to win!!!

I'm hiding my face in shame after that loss Beard by REASON29, on Flickr

I wonder how Floyd Mayweather is feeling after reportedly dropping $10 Million on the Broncos to win!!! shead.gif

it was reported as $15 mill!!

karma after he got the dodgy decision v lorenzo aragon way back in the olympics (although i have never seen a bloke take a harder punch and stay standing than he did in the fight). worth googling and watching.

met lorenzo on an early trip to cuba. he was sweeping floors in a bar (had no idea who he was). we had a top night. he kept bumming cigarettes from a mate and rums from me. great fun. took us to a few dodgy locals only bars later. he told us he was training trying to make the cuban boxing team for the athens olympics - ciggy in one hand, rum in the other, broom under arm. never mentioned the earlier olympics. we did not believe him for a second but much later googled his name (he'd written it down for us and i came across it months later). sure enough, not only made the team, won the silver.

next time i visited that bar, he was no longer sweeping. local royalty.

There have been worse:

XX Bears 46 Pats 10

XXVII Cowboys 52 Bills 17

XXIV 49ers 55 Broncos 10

Cowboys-Bills was the same. Bears - Pats was only one point worst...

Montana - Elway....Incredible that Elway is now considered the equal of Montana, perhaps rightfully so...but at that time, NOBODY would have guessed.

Eli still has one up on bigger, better, brother...what a shame.

Cowboys-Bills was the same. Bears - Pats was only one point worst...

Montana - Elway....Incredible that Elway is now considered the equal of Montana, perhaps rightfully so...but at that time, NOBODY would have guessed.

Eli still has one up on bigger, better, brother...what a shame.

Cowboys Bills same point difference, but the Bills gave up 9 more points than the Broncos.

49ers Broncos 10 points worse.

Eli is now considered the equal of Montana? By whom? Montana has four SB wins to Eli's 2; Montana 11 SB TDs to Eli's 3.

Cowboys Bills same point difference, but the Bills gave up 9 more points than the Broncos.

49ers Broncos 10 points worse.

Eli is now considered the equal of Montana? By whom? Montana has four SB wins to Eli's 2; Montana 11 SB TDs to Eli's 3.

i think shlomo said elway, not eli.

and while i'm a massive fan of joe m, and i think he was a better QB than elway without question, he was always considered one of the very best. number one draft pick to third round. when he retired, he had more wins than any other QB ever - not sure if that still stands. hall of fame, first year. the bloke was no mug. elway was always regarded as a brilliant QB.

No. When the Denver return man decided to return the opening kick to the 12 yard line (so stupid) it was over. Denver needed to start off methodically in order to get into some type of rhythm. They clearly failed in this regard.

agreed that was not a good start but for me, when that snap went over manning, that was the moment i reckon seahawks would have said, 'oh, we've got this' and broncos would have said, 'oh, crap'. momentum gone from the broncos and never looked like coming back.

the very start was not good but not terminal.

but yes, an awful game as far as being a spectacle.

agreed that was not a good start but for me, when that snap went over manning, that was the moment i reckon seahawks would have said, 'oh, we've got this' and broncos would have said, 'oh, crap'. momentum gone from the broncos and never looked like coming back.

the very start was not good but not terminal.

but yes, an awful game as far as being a spectacle.

As a coach (Rugby) when you have that start you just need to stay in the game and find a Rhythm.They fell in the hole (attack and defence). Astounding that for such a talented team they fell in the hole. hat's off to SD

There's a weird fascination with a thumping blowout. I quite enjoyed the game from the point of view that it became apparent very early that the Seahawks were far superior, especially after all the hype. It's nice to see a team win their first. Then again, I wasn't working and was in a packed bar with two mates drinking bud from ice buckets. Sore head today but had a great time. Congrats to the Seahawks fans. Celebrate hard I say party.gif

fascinating to see where it leaves peyton. suspect we won't know for some time. one superbowl win means a very hard case to dub him GOAT. had he won yesterday, i suspect we would have been happily declaring him so, or close. as good as he is, in the end, it is all about winning superbowls. i think he may have irreparably tarnished his legacy to an extent.

49ers BroncoYes, Elway.....notEli....

s 10 points worse.

i think shlomo said elway, not eli.

and while i'm a massive fan of joe m, and i think he was a better QB than elway without question, he was always considered one of the very best. number one draft pick to third round. when he retired, he had more wins than any other QB ever - not sure if that still stands. hall of fame, first year. the bloke was no mug. elway was always regarded as a brilliant QB.

I was not surprised when the Seahawks won but I was stunned at how woefully unprepared the Broncos looked the entire game in every facet(offense, defense, special teams). The way Seattle was playing I don't think it would have made a difference, perhaps only in the margin of victory, but there is no excuse for showing up to the Superbowl unprepared. I wonder how much heat, if any, is John Fox getting in Denver this week?

Not taking anything away from what was a great way to cap of a great season for the deserving Seahawks, but it would have been nice if Denver at least showed up. I agree that they were unprepared for the game and it probably would not have made a difference, but the Denver team of the regular and post-season decided to leave their game back in Denver on the slopes. I feel for Broncos fans. I went to graduate school in Denver and Broncos fans are some of the best you'll find in sports.

Worst Super Bowl in a long time. I almost put $100 on both Denver and Seattle to wine by 2 TDs or more. Would have paid 112/1... Damn.

how does that work? is that a linked bet or two separate bets and if separate, someone offered odds of over 100-1 for a win by 2 TD's? seems insane.

Discussion today on NY sports talk all about Peyton,s legacy.Lotta negativity for the guy some say is one of the best QB,s ever.His record in the playoffs is now 11wins and 12 losses.No doubt, he looked old and played terribly in Super Bowl 48 but the whole team stunk.Their defense could not stop Russell Wilson and the offense seemed out of it and intimidated by Seattle,s quick,aggressive play.I think Manning,s legacy should take a hit as a result of his negative play but it wasn't all on him.That was a team effort.