greetings from Iceland

subport

On 09/06/2016 at 2:10 AM, backslide said:

Oops didn't realize this was a mega necro bump from years past. Man this is a huge pet peeve of mine. Why do people insist on bumping old a$$ threads?

Because dememihel had a question reg. travelling to Iceland, and obviously this was the best place for him to ask. No big deal.

Sometimes it can be of help reading posts before clicking "submit"   :P

Because dememihel had a question reg. travelling to Iceland, and obviously this was the best place for him to ask. No big deal.

Sometimes it can be of help reading posts before clicking "submit"  

He hasn't been active in over 2 years. A post in this thread won't magically make him reappear.

Sometimes it can be of help to look at profiles before clicking submit. Also a PM would have been a better option. It all boils down to forum etiquette IMHO.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sorry, no offence mate, but you are a bit niggling here - there is no one else to blame for your own little mishap.

1. Subport (OP) has been last active one hour ago, if you'd check
2. I haven't ever heard anywhere that it's forbidden/unwanted to bump old threads (for whatever reason), according to any forum etiquette.

At least his question and bumping appears sound and reasonable. I for one found it quite interesting to learn at this occasion that we even have Icelanders on board (perhaps it's just me, may be). And certainly no need to PM such question, since the requested info could be of interest to other members here, too. That's reason and aim of having a public forum. He could have posted a new thread at the waterhole as well, but certainly no need for it.

Absolutely no reason the get worked up about such a banal thread bump, IMHO.  :peace:

Cheers,
Paul