30 day Churchill Challenge - It's for the children!

LordAnubis

Is the cigar on the front left post of the wall. Kind of looks like it is in the gap between the finial and the post. Looks like you are enjouing yourself.

Good eyes mate! You are spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Challenge: Most of you probably know i'm not too regular a smoker (generally one cigar a week, and normally a PC size). I am doing a challenge where i smoke a Churchill cigar every day for 30 day

Day 1: Ok so no find the cigar in this one.. this is a special cigar so wanted to show it off First day, kicking this challenge off with a Partagas Gran Reserva. It's fly out night so all the peopl

Day 29: Penultimate cigar! Wanted to go to the Dubai Boat Show today but when I got there was told it only opens between 15:00 and 21:00. Stuff that. So walked along JBR Walk. The La Casa Del Haban

post-15810-13922267281565.jpg

Day 7:

Late start to the day today. Morning spent visiting some mosques, the citadel is Salah Al Din, an old church with the crypt of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Christ which is where they stayed while they were in Egypt and an old synagogue. Picture inside Mohammed Ali Mosque. Looks like the Blue Mosque of Turkey on the inside, just smaller. Find the cigar. This is a hard one, I can't even see it and I know where it is!

Egyptian museum where I learnt Tutankhamen was in fact pretty useless. Only reason he is popular is because his was the only tomb that had been found in recent times that had not been robbed.

Ate Kosheri for lunch which is a mix of rice, noodles, pasta, lentils and various sauces. Was pretty good.

Also a panoramic view of the city. I go to Aswan tonight.

Day 6:

Sick of this smoking thing. Sure smoking three or four petite coronas through the day is alright, but one Churchill marathon is a pain in the ass!

The day today was visiting all the pyramids and the sphinx. Basically raced through all of them. I was impressed by the size of the Keopps pyramid up close. Had it all wrapped up by lunch. After lunch I jumped on the quad bike and bashed around the dunes for a few hours till my wrists couldn't take it anymore. This should be an easy one, find the cigar in the top photo.

LOL,

this young generation is no longer used to :

1) smoking ( we would have finished 2 Churchills before lunch in Havana )

2) riding traditionally on a camel to those great monuments while smoking a ... pyramide nyah.gif

Sorry my man ( My Lord ), just kidding here - been enjoying your travel reports tremedously and following your posts with passion and I wish you the very best in your quest & journey !!

My "cigar in mouth" experiences in Cairo :

post-4742-0-33657200-1392233342_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-52148200-1392233343_thumb.jp

jester.gif

Hahaha Nino. Camels are the worst creatures to ride in the world. I hate them with a passion. Done plenty of camel riding. It's ****. I'd rather walk.

This church is just too long a smoke for me. Too long for one sitting anyway.

post-15810-13923167208895.jpg

Day 8:

Since I slept at 02:00 last night I had a late start this morning. Lots of driving to get to Abu Simbel and lots of desert. Came across a truck that had jack knifed as close to 180 degrees as you can get. The tray actually cut into cab (can't see that from the angle of this photo).

Learnt today that Sudan and Egypt used to be one country till the 50's. The Abu Simbel temple was built by Ramses II. The big one is for him and the small one for his wife Nefertari. He apparently had more than 50 wives! This particular temple was originally 160 metres lower. When they built the high dam, Lake Nasr started to flood the temple so they cut the temple into small pieces and moved the whole thing to higher ground where it now sits. Pretty awesome accomplishment!

I hid the cigar in both the photo with me in it and the panorama but you can't see it. Oh well.

post-15810-13922267281565.jpg

Day 7:

Late start to the day today. Morning spent visiting some mosques, the citadel is Salah Al Din, an old church with the crypt of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Christ which is where they stayed while they were in Egypt and an old synagogue. Picture inside Mohammed Ali Mosque. Looks like the Blue Mosque of Turkey on the inside, just smaller. Find the cigar. This is a hard one, I can't even see it and I know where it is!

Egyptian museum where I learnt Tutankhamen was in fact pretty useless. Only reason he is popular is because his was the only tomb that had been found in recent times that had not been robbed.

Ate Kosheri for lunch which is a mix of rice, noodles, pasta, lentils and various sauces. Was pretty good.

Also a panoramic view of the city. I go to Aswan tonight.

It's on top of the post right next to you. Looks like an esplendido.

Nope. In pic 7 if you look at the bottom of the post where there is the cut out, the tubo is standing behind the left cut out. After taking the photo the red of the tube matches perfectly with the red of the carpet. You can kind of make out a white speck in the cut out though. Like I said, I can't even make it out!!

post-15810-13923960444466.jpg

Day 9:

Started the day with a smoke as I wasn't sure when i would get the chance. As per an item on Josh's list, smoked this one backwards! Light the head and smoked from the foot! Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Not bad at all.

Then a trip to a Nubian village where I went into a ladies house and she had pet crocodiles! I tried to get the cigar tube into its mouth but it kept trying to bite me. So tied up the mouth and got this photo. Cigar is easy to find. Checked into the cruise boat where I will be for the next three days. Awesome boat! I could get used to this! It's got a gym, sun deck with pool, and a Jacuzzi in my room! Ahaha the sign at the dining room says no shorts at dinner. Looks like I won't be having dinner! You can see the roof deck where I will be smoking for the next few days. I live a hard life :)

After lunch on the boat got off for a few more things to see in Aswan. The Unfinished Obelisk, Philae Temble which is another one that was cut into thousands of pieces and moved to high ground, the high dam and a perfume and oils shop. All in all a good day!