30 day Churchill Challenge - It's for the children!

LordAnubis

Is the cigar on the front left post of the wall. Kind of looks like it is in the gap between the finial and the post. Looks like you are enjouing yourself.

Found the cigar and then had to look up what a finial was, so turns out we both spotted it in the same place but your architecture vocabulary is much better than mine!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Challenge: Most of you probably know i'm not too regular a smoker (generally one cigar a week, and normally a PC size). I am doing a challenge where i smoke a Churchill cigar every day for 30 day

Day 1: Ok so no find the cigar in this one.. this is a special cigar so wanted to show it off First day, kicking this challenge off with a Partagas Gran Reserva. It's fly out night so all the peopl

Day 29: Penultimate cigar! Wanted to go to the Dubai Boat Show today but when I got there was told it only opens between 15:00 and 21:00. Stuff that. So walked along JBR Walk. The La Casa Del Haban

post-15810-13928247187361.jpg

Day 14:

Early start this morning to drive to the Taba border. Had to cross into Israel for all of 20 minutes to get to the Jordanian border at Aqaba. That was a LOT harder than it should have been. Of course me being Muslim and having an Egyptian and several other arab country stamps in my passport awarded me the special treatment. Waited for 45 mins then a guard and a lady came and asked me questions for 2 hours. They then asked me to show them my Facebook profile... I had some explaining to do when they saw the comments Dave put up about me being his favourite terrorist, my Halloween costume, and a few other posts over the years, so that was fun. Then sat there for two more hours while they checked everything and eventually let me through. They were polite about it and all so that's good, and they were just doing their jobs but still sucks to be a Muslim guy with a beard :(!

After finally getting through and walking into Jordan drove to Wadi Rum. Amazing place! Mixture of desert sand and rocky hills. Did a bit of 4x4ing. Just cruising around. Saw the 7 pillars of wisdom and a rock with Lawrence of Arabias face carved in it at his hang out place apparently. On the drive on to Petra randomly stopped by a Bedouin tent and sat with three young guys in the sand with a fire a pot of tea and not a care in the world. Life is great my friends. Middle photo is from my room balcony. Sensational view! Ohh and no cigar in pic cos I was too lazy. Touring Petra tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How you finding the cigars?

You a Churchill convert yet?

Churchills suck! Well I actually like the first half. The second half just becomes a chore though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khalil is having problems posting on FOH from Jordan lol3.gif

He has asked me to post the next couple of days:

post-4-0-35270900-1392938814_thumb.jpeg

Day 15:

A pearler of a day! Morning started with a magnificent Turkish coffee with cardamon. I realize the Jordanians seem to do Turkish coffee better than than the Turks! I will call it Jordanian coffee from now on.

Petra is amazing to see. I walked the whole way from the start to the Monastery. I would say its about a 4 km walk. The Treasury building is the first thing you come across, then a big walk up lots of steps to get to the Monastery. Cigar hidden in picture of Monastery without me in it. Should be an easy one. On the walk back a Bedouin girl invited me into her tent for tea. More fire teapot and not a care in the world.

Afternoon drove to Amman. I want it move to this place. It is great! Tonight I'll hit up some food and party spots, see what goes on in the city at night. Can't wait!

Beautiful photos!

A reminder for anyone in London on Tuesday 25th Feb, we'll be supporting Khalil on the UK leg of his Churchill challenge. Details in the UK forum.

From Khalil spotlight.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Day 16:

Day visit to Jerusalem today. Again had a wonderful three hour wait this time getting through the Israeli border. It's never a good sign when you give the immigration guy your passport, he looks at you then looks at your passport, then gets straight on the radio and speaks Hebrew. This time at least the guy asking the questions was quick about it and wasn't writing stuff down so didn't take as long.

Jerusalem was a nice city. Some very unfriendly people though. Quite a few of them were calling themselves Muslims. They bring shame to the religion that I practice. Visited mainly the wailing wall, the dome of the rock, the aqsa mosque and the holy sepulcher. Then just walked around the city with a guide who was great. Got a great local meal of hummus and bread of course. There is actually quite a modern part of the city which I was surprised to see.

On the journey back into Jordan in the afternoon got more awesome treatment from the Israeli immigration. There's a checkpoint before you even get to the border. And they told me to get out of the car for questioning, took me into a building through the usual metal detector security. Sat there for 5 mins then they just said you can go. What a joke.

Will never return. This is the second country on my list of never ever visit.

post-4-0-94121500-1393047045_thumb.jpeg

Day 17:

A bit of a sleep in today and then toured a bit of Amman city. Went to the citadel where there is the remains of a temple for Hercules, an old mosque and old church, also went to an old roman theatre. No cigars hidden in pic again cos I'm lazy.

This afternoon I will go into the Swafiyah area which is a coffee shop etc area where the young kids hang out and smoke the days cigar.

Early sleep tonight as I fly out tomorrow morning and on to London.

post-4-0-45220400-1393106754_thumb.jpeg

Keep it up mate!