30 day Churchill Challenge - It's for the children!

LordAnubis

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Challenge: Most of you probably know i'm not too regular a smoker (generally one cigar a week, and normally a PC size). I am doing a challenge where i smoke a Churchill cigar every day for 30 day

Day 1: Ok so no find the cigar in this one.. this is a special cigar so wanted to show it off First day, kicking this challenge off with a Partagas Gran Reserva. It's fly out night so all the peopl

Day 29: Penultimate cigar! Wanted to go to the Dubai Boat Show today but when I got there was told it only opens between 15:00 and 21:00. Stuff that. So walked along JBR Walk. The La Casa Del Haban

post-15810-1393780131626.jpg

Day 25:

Bit of a sleep in after the late night arrival. Woke and went to see the beach here in Ras al Kheimah. That was the photo for "yesterday". Lunch was a nice home made biryani.

Then went to the hot springs which are about an hours drive away. Sat and relaxed in hot springs for a bit which was awesome. Went to a great shisha place in the river or sea or whatever.

A great day with cousin and family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-15810-13938748442212.jpg

Day 26:

Started the day great and relaxed. Went to some casual places in the morning for some good scenery etc and chilled out. After my favourite food in the world for lunch, got on the bus to Sharjah. Then the excitement started.

When I got off the bus I asked the driver to open the luggage thing so I could get my bags, but he just took off. I ran after him and banged on the bus a few times but he didn't stop. So he drove off with my bags. Awesome. After figuring out what would happen to them and making down calls to cousins who sorted everything out I decided to stay the night in Dubai.

Today while having dinner with my cousin in Dubai I found out that there is a special fine in the UAE. It is a 7 dirham fine (3usd). But, you have to personally go to and pay one dirham to each of the the seven emirates. Best. Fine. Ever.

Tomorrow I catch the bus in the morning back to Ras al Kheimah, pick up my bags, and then go to Abu Dhabi. If all goes well, Ferrari world!

• Like 1

Finish line in sight my friend

I don't know how you have managed it ,i must admit I don't think i could have done ,once again you are a legend ,and one with a big heart to boot

cheers Steve

post-15810-13939534935586.jpg

Day 27:

Early morning to go and pick up my bags from Ras al Kheimah. Got them back so happy about that, then got on the bus to Abu Dhabi. Dropped bags off at my cousins place and went to Ferrari World.

It's a great place to spend half a day. An expensive half day, but you can't take your money to the grave. Sat in a real F1 car and had my photo taken. With and without cigar in mouth. There's a simulator where you drive an F1 around Yas Circuit which is pretty cool. The place as a whole isn't very informative at all about Ferrari history and racing performance which was very disappointing but still good time there none the less.

Since it's a crap day the photos of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque will come out uninspiring, so I went there tonight. What an incredible mosque. It's by far the best mosque I have seen to date. Amazing! Highlight of my day I reckon.

post-15810-13940514775067.jpg

Day 28:

Only two cigars left! Had a relaxing morning by the pool with a coffee, it was decaf though which doesn't bother me but figured I should get a real coffee just for good measure. Plus it have me good reason to walk around a bit of Abu Dhabi. Greta city. Way better than Dubai.

Afternoon early pickup to take me to the desert safari so a bit of 4x4ing (I use this term loosely), a camel ride (Worst transport creature in the world. A kangaroo would be a better riding experience I think) and then some BBQ, shisha and belly dancer. A terrible photo with me and the belly dancer, but oh well. That's pretty much everything on Josh's list crossed off now.

Late night as I wanted to get back to Dubai tonight for my last day before going back to work Friday morning.

Incredibly late to post on this thread, but absolutely loved the journey you've been on! Great way to show off your travels and to highlight a great cause.

Awesome!!

post-15810-13941136239112.jpg

Day 29:

Penultimate cigar!

Wanted to go to the Dubai Boat Show today but when I got there was told it only opens between 15:00 and 21:00. Stuff that. So walked along JBR Walk. The La Casa Del Habano is there. I bit of walking and a quick nibble to eat then I say down at the LCDH.

I was the first one there sitting outside and light up the days smoke. While smoking three groups of people came and sat on the three tables nearest to me on all sides. Don't know why, the entire outdoor area was free. They ordered food. I could see the stares as my smoke blew across all their tables. Then one of the groups piped up. A German man came to me and said it's very rude of me to smoke while they are eating. Mind you they are all smoking cigarettes. I pointed at the sign on the building and said "That says La Casa Del Habano. The house of Cuban Cigars. You chose to eat here and you chose to sit next to me while I was smoking. I'm sorry for your piss poor judgement." The groups were all staring at me and looking at the sign. I proceeded to make no effort to blow smoke away from the people eating.

Good day.

• Like 3

Mus

What an amazing story, I will definitely put some $$$ into the cause.

Couldn't do a full Churchill but had this in your honour...

WideChurchill.jpg

Next time I travel, I'll follow your example and... don't think I could do 30 Churchills, but I will certainly donate for each cigar I smoke.

You may have started something here.

Looking forward to seeing you back in Perth to hear the story.

Cheers

Clive

We'll done Mus bravo bravo ,I salute your gusto and tenacity ,I to would never have picked a Churchill ,this has probably ruined them for you LOL

You will get some £€¥$ from me once again well done ,love your take on the anti cigar people "classic"

Look forward to seeing you back home here in Perth buddy

Cheers Steve

post-15810-0-32498100-1394226788_thumb.j

Wrap up:

So it's been a long month of plenty of smoking. Smoked in 6 different countries, met great people at every location, plenty of laughs and life experiences shared.

Overall my impressions from the countries visited are;

- Egypt is good to see but it doesn't attract me to go back there. People constantly expecting tips gave me the shits. I'm Australian so not into the whole tipping thing.

- Israel is on my blacklist to never ever visit. I will never recommend it to anyone intending to go as a tourist. The best way I can describe it is it's a perfectly safe place, you're just not welcome. Take your tourism money elsewhere.

- Jordan, I want to move there! Incredible place! People are so friendly, cheap eating and just overall brilliant. I will go back.

- UAE was good. I realized how awesome Abu Dhabi is. It's the glamour of Dubai just with less people and less traffic and better cleanliness etc. I will be back there as well.

Met some cousins for the first time, crashed at cousins places and went out for dinners with the families. Family is the best!

Met new and old friends along the way, as always a pleasure to catch up with people I can truly call my mates. One even managed to get me to go to a musical! Won't make that mistake twice! To those in London, see you in May, to those friends everywhere else, see you sometime somewhere.

Not too many dramas this trip regarding flights etc other than the bus driving off with my luggage fiasco so on a whole the trip was pretty easy going. My new backpack is great so future trips will be carry on luggage and super light packing. Heaven.

Cigars wise I am going to stop for a while. Maybe two months. I don't feel addicted at all. Im sick of them at the moment to be honest. Photos wise, I wonder if I can delete the camera app on my phone. I'm deleting all my photos. I look forward to the May Central America trip sans photo. Gonna be sensational.

Thanks to all who have supported the charity on your own. Thanks to all who have added words of encouragement, and most of all thanks to all who have liked and commented, your contribution will go to help some children in need.

Last photo is me back at work and I'm wearing my new shirt that was gifted to me by Martin in London. Great shirt, great fit, and the perfect attire to say farewell to the 30 Day Churchill Challenge. Started with a hoyo Churchill but it was crap so ditched it and pulled out the old faithful Sir Winnie. That's all folks.