terrific clip of a brown trout feeding

Ken Gargett

Thanks for posting, Ken. Pretty amazing stuff. So does this mean a true fly fisherman is never totally prepared unless he has a fly that hovers? Count me in on R & D if it involves those Browns and a few Cubans.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting, Ken. Pretty amazing stuff. So does this mean a true fly fisherman is never totally prepared unless he has a fly that hovers? Count me in on R & D if it involves those Browns and a few Cubans.

every time i head out in NZ for those browns, i take some top cubans and every time i find no time to smoke them (occasionally i might smoke one if we have a long walk home after the day's fishing).

i always think i'll celebrate a good fish with good cuban but i get so excited that i just want to catch the next one. the cubans have to wait.

I must fess up to bad form in that I smoke while I fish. I'm perfectly aware this might not be charitably viewed as the best way to fully enjoy a fine Cuban (especially when it's rainy or windy), but I'm more into celebrating the anticipation of a fish gabbing my dry, than in the catching part (though I could see how this might be mistaken for rationalization).

Despite the occasional sacrifice of a cigar to the river gods, or a missed strike while lost in a distracted daze, the slight loss of enjoyment is more than offset by a memorable haul of cracker Cubans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...