FOH lighter roundup!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. Bond and I are heading out to a wedding today!

Favorite lighter!

More arrival... And another Ligne 1 small is on the way.

Here's my lineup. The only fuel I use is Vector.

1. Custom Zippo with torch insert - works nicely...for about 3 cigars

2. Blazer PB-207 type - best utilitarian lighter ever

3. Zippo style with catalyst type insert - the only truly windproof lighter

4. Big triple torch - the herf lighter

Wilkey

post-629-0-69001300-1392342940_thumb.jpg

My current favourite lighter is an Iroda micro jet. May be a lot bigger than my Xikar Axia or Blazer EVO, but it will last a Havanathon weekend!

T2490.gif

X3

Brilliant lighter and great value to boot!

Ronsons are kept in both of our vehicles. My primary is a custom Zippo shell with a torch insert. Needs to be refilled often, but works fantastic.

At home I use a Xikar LP Tabletop lighter. I love the thing. It's a triple "soft" flame and works quite well. Really want to get the LP EX II based on the tabletop version.

I love my S.T. Dupont X-tend (original made in France one) and I just picked up this for traveling (powered by disposable lighters that fit into the base - (similar to the Irodo pictured above but smaller and a bit easier to use).

http://www.rei.com/product/806554/soto-pocket-torch

pixel.gifpixel.gif

post-7384-0-79737800-1392362515.gif

Nice. All of them. To eBay I go

On a related note can anyone identify the big torch lighters used in the review videos at Robs?

Thanks for the replies and I hope everyone has a great valentines day and weekend

Cheap single jet Colibri,

Cheap double jet Honest w/ Punch,

Cheap triple jet blazer sort of thing,

ST Dupont Ligne 2 soft flame.

Each has their place and I'll use them all alongside matches and actually i did get a rather good disposable soft flame sent over the other day with some sticks a Djeep lighter, highly reccomended.

Now I know zippos and other petrol lighters are right out but what about lighting a cedar splinter from one?

Would the contamination still carry across?

Nice. All of them. To eBay I go

On a related note can anyone identify the big torch lighters used in the review videos at Robs?

Thanks for the replies and I hope everyone has a great valentines day and weekend

On the deck they usually use a Vector Tri-Pump lighter. I have one and love it!

Love my IM Corona Double Corona whenever I'm smoking inside, which is pretty much anytime I'm smoking this time of year. Small but has a nice heft, incredibly scratch resistant, great double soft flame, easy to refill, turn up or turn down, and not that expensive. A good way to go.

• Like 1

I have two Firebird by Colibri lighters. Relatively cheap at about $25 a pop. I've has last me about 2 years now and the other I've only had about a year. The newer one I tend to take care of a bit more, the other is used for camping so has taken a beating and both are in perfect working condition. Although I'm in the market now for a new one. This time I want a pretty nice one but don't know if I want to dish out almost $300 on a st DuPont just yet.

I was actually looking into the Lamborghini lighter and cutter combo. Anybody have any experience with either?

I have two Firebird by Colibri lighters. Relatively cheap at about $25 a pop. I've has last me about 2 years now and the other I've only had about a year. The newer one I tend to take care of a bit more, the other is used for camping so has taken a beating and both are in perfect working condition. Although I'm in the market now for a new one. This time I want a pretty nice one but don't know if I want to dish out almost $300 on a st DuPont just yet.

I was actually looking into the Lamborghini lighter and cutter combo. Anybody have any experience with either?

Check eBay for old duponts they are very cheap ($50) and made like tanks, ligne 1 small/large are the way to go!