FOH lighter roundup!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. Bond and I are heading out to a wedding today!

Favorite lighter!

More arrival... And another Ligne 1 small is on the way.

Check eBay for old duponts they are very cheap ($50) and made like tanks, ligne 1 small/large are the way to go!

Really easy to pick up a fake one, though - you need to know what you're looking for.

I recently returned my ST Dupont for a full refund. What a massive waste of money.

Have a Xikar that is a piece of ****, and a handful of Ronson and Irodo lighters that are the best I have ever had.

What model Dupont?

Really easy to pick up a fake one, though - you need to know what you're looking for.

True but old fake ones are not really around, it's the shiny new ones from mostly Chinese sellers and they are up for hundreds of bucks. An hour of research online is pretty much enough to be able to spot fakes too.

Real ligne 1s with average cosmetic wear go for around $50-$90

But yeah if you want a new DuPont go to a real dealer never eBay. if you want a vintage one eBay or flee markets are great

I normally use a cheap double jet Xikar. Worked for three years, just replaced it because it seemed like it wasn't holding fuel. I have several Duponts- Line 2 and Gatsby, because of the artisan quality of the lighters. I don't use them too often because the cost of fuel is kind of ridiculous. I do like how the soft flame lights cigars, though, even if my DuPont's don't have the double cigar flame.

Love my Ronson but I was gifted this little torch it has rapidly become my favorite...

phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg_zpsa6ce2a32.jpg

A staggering $2.99, I can actually tell when it's running low on fuel, and I have the feeling that it will prove to be indestructible :)

How pricey?

Its pretty awesome

Like a grand. If I was gonna spend that much on smoking it would be on cigars and then light them with a "bic a la ken"

Have ordered a z plus zippo insert. Will post a review when it arrives

Know what you mean, mine nearly blew a guys face off at a big day out recently. I warned him and everything!

Hehehehehe. Excellent ;)

I normally use a cheap double jet Xikar. Worked for three years, just replaced it because it seemed like it wasn't holding fuel. I have several Duponts- Line 2 and Gatsby, because of the artisan quality of the lighters. I don't use them too often because the cost of fuel is kind of ridiculous. I do like how the soft flame lights cigars, though, even if my DuPont's don't have the double cigar flame.

You can get refill adapters off eBay for duponts that lets you fill your lighter up with regular butane cans. They're about $15

There is a couple of other nice ones from the same seller. Actually wouldn't be surprised if it was someone from here

There's a Ligne 2 Trinidad lighter and another but fuente opus x

Love my Ronson but I was gifted this little torch it has rapidly become my favorite...

phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg_zpsa6ce2a32.jpg

A staggering $2.99, I can actually tell when it's running low on fuel, and I have the feeling that it will prove to be indestructible smile.png

Absolutely agree with that little torch, always have 5-8 of them in my suitcase for Cuba and leave them there as presents for my friends, indestructible, cheap and great - here in Germany they went from 2,99 € to 3,99 € a piece, still a great deal.

I'd recommend it.

• Like 1

Any chance you can share a link?

I did a quick ebay search but came up empty

If you do a search for LCdH ST Dupont you will find lot of links my friend. This was a piece commissioned by Habanos for La Casas that are Dupont dealers. Frankly, considering the price they fetch today, I am sorry I did not buy all that I could lay my hands on! I am also sorry I did not buy the entire Habanera collection when I could get the set for 3K.

I payed 285 Euros at the time. Frankly, it is the most beautiful Dupont I have, and have ever seen! The color and contrast are just phenomenal.

Like many luxury items they can be considered a waste of money. In my case, I have made money (if I look at the present asking prices) with all the Duponts that I own. It is a matter of buying at the right time and from the right party.

I used to carry my Dupont Punch Habanera lighter on my person all the time, but it was stolen from me! So I don't typically carry one anymore. I often take my Dupont 007 lighter, one Skyfall would likely appreciate when I go out to smoke.

They are not practical items… but neither are cigars in the grand scheme of things.

I mow my own lawn, and fix my own car, weld my own corrals and fix my own plumbing problems… As a result I own a few 'stupid expensive' lighters. They are worth it!!! No different than a 'stupid expensive' watch or burning up a 'stupid expensive' cigar…

You see, I won't pay more than $25 for a pair of tennis shoes… And Lady Piggy, she cuts my hair with horse clippers!!! -LOL High fashion to me, means I light my discontinued cigar with a thousand dollar lighter and wear one of Ayala's "factory" hats!!! I could care less that my jeans have paint on them… To me, the bottle the booze comes in, is worth more than the alcohol inside… We all have different values.

My past favorite carry lighter. This one had quite a bit of wear as you can see. I took it everywhere!

post-79-0-37150100-1392569965_thumb.jpg

Now I carry one of about 25 Zippos with a Zflame. They do work better and I don't cry if one hits the ground! But I must say, no lighter is as cool as a Dupont!!! (MHO)

Good luck on your search.

• Like 3

If you do a search for LCdH ST Dupont you will find lot of links my friend. This was a piece commissioned by Habanos for La Casas that are Dupont dealers. Frankly, considering the price they fetch today, I am sorry I did not buy all that I could lay my hands on! I am also sorry I did not buy the entire Habanera collection when I could get the set for 3K.

I payed 285 Euros at the time. Frankly, it is the most beautiful Dupont I have, and have ever seen! The color and contrast are just phenomenal.

Like many luxury items they can be considered a waste of money. In my case, I have made money (if I look at the present asking prices) with all the Duponts that I own. It is a matter of buying at the right time and from the right party.

I used to carry my Dupont Punch Habanera lighter on my person all the time, but it was stolen from me! So I don't typically carry one anymore. I often take my Dupont 007 lighter, one Skyfall would likely appreciate when I go out to smoke.

They are not practical items… but neither are cigars in the grand scheme of things.

I mow my own lawn, and fix my own car, weld my own corrals and fix my own plumbing problems… As a result I own a few 'stupid expensive' lighters. They are worth it!!! No different than a 'stupid expensive' watch or burning up a 'stupid expensive' cigar…

You see, I won't pay more than $25 for a pair of tennis shoes… And Lady Piggy, she cuts my hair with horse clippers!!! -LOL High fashion to me, means I light my discontinued cigar with a thousand dollar lighter and wear one of Ayala's "factory" hats!!! I could care less that my jeans have paint on them… To me, the bottle the booze comes in, is worth more than the alcohol inside… We all have different values.

My past favorite carry lighter. This one had quite a bit of wear as you can see. I took it everywhere!

Now I carry one of about 25 Zippos with a Zflame. They do work better and I don't cry if one hits the ground! But I must say, no lighter is as cool as a Dupont!!! (MHO)

I'll bet you regret it bro, looking at eBay now. To accumulate the whole set now would be in the tens of thousands in cold, hard cash. Wow

They are pretty sexy though.....

Well said, Mr Pig

I've lusted after Dupont lighters since I started smoking cigars.

I'm yet to own one. $1000+ is a lot of money for a lighter, but I do enjoy the idea that I could be in my 50's and still lighting my cigars with a Dupont I bought in my 20's.

I'll be 30 in 2016, perhaps that will be a good birthday present to myself...

If someone wants to buy me this I would appreciate it.......

http://www.ebay.com/...=item565ba143e8

Whoever does buy it for me will get some Rad stuff that I make on my Rainbow Loom sent to them!!!! Just Sayin'

If someone wants to buy me this I would appreciate it.......

http://www.ebay.com/...=item565ba143e8

Whoever does buy it for me will get some Rad stuff that I make on my Rainbow Loom sent to them!!!! Just Sayin'

You know I saw that and I thought "I bet skyfall has that"

Are you sticking with the brietling with Q added laser for lighting your smokes?