FOH lighter roundup!

I agree Brandon,

I remember how much cigarette tobacco stuck to the car lighter and dumped hot ash and tobacco in my lap. Pretty sure I would be pitching that thing out quick if that happened to any cigar.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. Bond and I are heading out to a wedding today!

Favorite lighter!

More arrival... And another Ligne 1 small is on the way.

u8enapum.jpg

Z plus insert arrived. Good seller on eBay, took only two days to arrive smile.png

y7evuhu7.jpg

Looks good. Fits well. Not a huge capacity but we'll see how it lasts

Edit: just used to light a HdM grand Epi. Is good.

On a related note, the zippo shell used is apparently the 500,000,837th zippo produced

Thats a cool Zippo! I think Zippo makes a lot of cool lighters.

Since I am into Harley stuff, a lot of mine are Harley lighters. You can find some really nice Zippo's if you look at the right places. Cool lighter!

Cheers! -Piggy

• Like 1

Nice idea, but capacity us an issue. It's just a rechargeable version of the cigarette lighters that used to come in cars. It will get dirty and tend to smell a little in the pocket. Also, how the heck do you perform touch ups with a contact lighter... easily?

For everyday use, and traveling, I'll stick with my 3 dollar torches that I bought online. They perform as well as any other torch. The thing to remember is that all torches will eventually fail, and many get lost along the way. I'd rather lose or throw away a cheapie, than a 100 dollar one. It's nice to keep a torch in the car, work van, luggage, patio, etc.

My palladium DuPont hardly gets used anymore. After my friend dropped it on a concrete floor... I failed to see the practicality in having a high dollar lighter. I use a lighter for lighting, not for show these days.

Keep using the DuPont! Those dings and scratches are character, imagine handing over a pristine lighter down to your son in 25 years time, it might as well be bought from a shop. Plus he will be too scared to use it if he scratches it! If you keep using it you can explain the memorable dings and history of the lighter, and he won't be afraid of adding his own to share with his kids!

Thats a cool Zippo! I think Zippo makes a lot of cool lighters.

Since I am into Harley stuff, a lot of mine are Harley lighters. You can find some really nice Zippo's if you look at the right places. Cool lighter!

Cheers! -Piggy

Cheers bro. Big fan of zippos myself. You could find yourself going nuts on eBay with what's on there. My favorites are the vietnam era lighters, there is some awesome war art pieces around but also a ton of awesome fakes. I have one my father carried thru 1968-70 that has one of his dog tags soldered to it. Cool bit of kit

• 2 weeks later...
My current favourite lighter is an Iroda micro jet. May be a lot bigger than my Xikar Axia or Blazer EVO, but it will last a Havanathon weekend!

T2490.gif

Got mine this week. What a great bit of kit!

So as a follow up.

I've been using the zplus zippo insert daily since I received it and am happy with the performance :) the flame is constant until the very end of the gas capacity and is easy to adjust. It's not a large capacity lighter but serves well for 6-10 smokes at least. Runs fine on venti butane and filling is painless with the standard nozzle as long as it's plastic, metal nozzles will leak a little.

Love the ability to swap out shells to different zippos.

I'd rate it a 7/10. For home and out and about. But for lighting a bunch at once at a herf or whatever a bigger lighter is needed.

Cheers

• Like 1

Great piece of kit this insert.

Works like a charm

For you guys who are using the insert, have you left it "stock" or have you performed the "flame adjustment" mod? If stock, does it give you enough fire power to light 50+ ring gauge cigars?

For you guys who are using the insert, have you left it "stock" or have you performed the "flame adjustment" mod? If stock, does it give you enough fire power to light 50+ ring gauge cigars?

I didnt know there was a mod :S

The only reason I stopped using mine was I found the flame didnt concentrate into a stream too well; almost as if the hole the game comes out of is too large ? So it took a while to get any cigar going, matches were faster than all three of the inserts I have

They are single flame z plus inserts though, not double/triple

I didnt know there was a mod

It's nothing fancy... It's where you remove the flame limiter so you can get a larger flame better suited for cigars....

• Like 1

Im in love with my Xikar Pulsar G2 triple flame and as I enjoy many 50+ ring gauge sticks I have found its operation flawlwess.

Have been thinking of investing in a Xikar single and a dual flame, so have one for all occasions and ring gauges...

Won auctions for another NIB X-Tend (the Made in France one) and a vintage Dunhill Rollagas today... CQs thread cost me a lot of money already :rolleyes:;)

It's nothing fancy... It's where you remove the flame limiter so you can get a larger flame better suited for cigars....

Mod? No need for me at all. I have it set at about halfway and I get a flame about an inch and a half long. Lights 50rg plus easy, I toast the foot with a little circular motion and it lights up fine. Same as I do with any single jet lighter.

Won auctions for another NIB X-Tend (the Made in France one) and a vintage Dunhill Rollagas today... CQs thread cost me a lot of money already :rolleyes:;)

Don't forget some Dunhill flints, they can be tricky to refill so Dunhill butane cans are worth a buy. You might as well get some buffing compound/brasso too :D

Might as well look at lighters while you're on there buying them, just saves time :P

• Like 1

Mod? No need for me at all. I have it set at about halfway and I get a flame about an inch and a half long. Lights 50rg plus easy, I toast the foot with a little circular motion and it lights up fine. Same as I do with any single jet lighter.

That's what I was hoping to hear, think i'll place an order for one since I have so many zippo shells that I could put to use... Thanks!

Don't forget some Dunhill flints, they can be tricky to refill so Dunhill butane cans are worth a buy. You might as well get some buffing compound/brasso too biggrin.png

Might as well look at lighters while you're on there buying them, just saves time tongue.png

You are pure evil and a pusher :D Won an auction for a S.T. Dupont Ligne 1 this morning and have several other Dunhills and S.T. on my watch list...

You are pure evil and a pusher :D Won an auction for a S.T. Dupont Ligne 1 this morning and have several other Dunhills and S.T. on my watch list...

Awesome stuff man! Pics !!!

Grab a watch repair tool kit too, you'll love to start disassembling them so you can buff and polish and clean those bad boys. I've been at that new/old Dunhill today for four hours and it's so relaxing, it's a great feeling to get the lighters back to a bright shine and crisp snap of a hinge from a few hours of elbow grease. It's like giving then a new lease of life; fresh hair cut and a shave for them!

First of the new arrivals came in today. This one will actually serve as a spare until my current X-Tend dies or gets lost... post-7384-13943421459495.jpg

post-7384-13943421599859.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better picture of my travel lighter... Perfect for frequent flyers like me since if you take out the disposable lighter, there are no problems at the security checks.

post-7384-1394692779758.jpg

Xikar soft flame only. Don't hand me no torch to light my babies!! If I wanna really go old school, I'll use a wooden match or cedar spill made by a guy I know.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a drawer full of lighters ranging from $10 bucks to over $100 bucks. Xikars, Colibri's, etc. Single flame, double flame, triple flame. What I end up using 99.9% of the time is the $10 Blazer single flame that has never failed me in well over 1000 plus uses. Every other lighter I have has failed me at least once and usually when I need it the most.

I admit that Blazer is not a pretty little thing like the myriad of 'fancy' lighters that sit in the drawer keeping it company but my cigar doesn't care what the lighter looks like so I figure neither should I (even though deep down I really do :). Despite being an OCD clean freak and making sure I use the best fluid out there, inevitably everything but the Blazer has failed.

Having a lifetime guarantee doesn't really matter to me if I'm on boat with one lighter and a box of cigars I can't smoke.